Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Kinetix Plenum w/ strut bar for G35- Any Interest?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinetix Plenum w/ strut bar for G35- Any Interest?

LSDunique would like to know if there would be any interest in a plastic plenum/strut bar package for the g35. Let him know here!

Old 02-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod
Re: Kinetix Plenum w/ strut bar for G35- Any Inter

hum....i thought our Gs doesn't need strut bars. HUm....

Old 02-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Re: Kinetix Plenum w/ strut bar for G35- Any Interest?

I wouldn't mind the plenum and the cats...not really interested in the strut bar atm. Then again I guess it depends on what the bar looks like installed. Got any pics? If it's the stock 350z bar, then no thanks.

- NICNoobie

2003.0 AT Brilliant Silver Sedan
Premium Package\Graphite Leather\Signaling Clear Corners\AEM Intake (w/ Bypass Valve)

"Why are you my English not being understanding?"

Old 02-10-2004, 04:21 PM

i would deffently be interested in a strut bar and the plenum but i dont know how fesible it is to make a strut bar for a G.

<a href="mailto:Carlos3186@hotmail....otmail.com</a>

Old 02-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it takes a lot of work ...a lot.. to fit a strut bar onto a G. wires have to be lenghtened and moved, an anchor point, etc. its not really possible i dont think. if LSD has got a way, then sure, but he really ought to check out a G first and see for himself.

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 02-10-2004, 09:29 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

If i were LSDUnique... i would make another mold especially made for the G35 Coupe, Sedan, and FX35 that would not have that strut-bar dip

Of course, this doesnt have to be Right Away, maybe when things calm down a bit w/ his 350Z plenum...

I am interested in the Plenum, but not the strut bar

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ramborami on 02/10/04 06:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-10-2004, 11:29 PM

Interested in both, but understand the engineering restrictions that may end up raising the price or complicating the install.

Can you get any low end to mid increase in torque and HP with any plenum? Or just for the upper end? I could care less for any increase in power above 6000 rpms.

Old 02-10-2004, 11:49 PM

I want the plenum. I would rather have a brake cover instead of the bar. I think the bar would have a tough time clearing hood. Our hood appears to be more sloped than the Z's.

G35 Coupe 5AT, DP, Tire and Wheel Pkg., Aluminum Pedals, Clear Corners, missing turbo

Old 02-10-2004, 11:59 PM

Ya, I'm with Rambo, I'd prefer it if these aftermarket guys would stop duplicating 350Z stuff for our cars just because we carry the basic same VQ engine...

The inside clearance and components are still different, they should just have a separate mold for just the G35's, there's enough market out there anyways for that too... (rather than skimming a few bucks and making a one size fits all)

It's just that we do this too in the military, trading parts inter-department to skim some bucks off and modifying to make it fit in another varient jet or helo... and nothing good ever really comes out of it, except for temporary convenenince.

Old 02-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Lsdunique isn't aware that the G35 does not have the Z's strut tower bar anchor points and that Infinti made use of those point's to place mounting tabs for the A/C return line on the driver's side and the power supply off of the battery on the passenger side. The wiring loom issue would not effect a strut tower bar that copies the oem 350Z design, just the crawford bar. But, the issue of not having anything to mount the bar to remains. See this post for the fitment study I did.
https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=

The mount's can be purchased as a collision repair part from Nissan, but they are $219 per side and you would have to cut off the actual mounts off of the stampings, then have them welded into place on the G.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 02-11-2004, 12:40 AM

cinergi, I pm'd LSDunique on my350Z.com on the matter, ask him to read my pm, my screen name their is the same. (I know he's flooded with pm's for the pleneum).

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 02-11-2004, 01:25 AM

Ok, I got a reply to LSDunique to the info I send. He say's the bar and it's mount's are not a done deal, he's looking into it. "If we can do one, we probably will, if it is going to be too much trouble, then we won't." But he does need to know who would be up for it should he succeed. If he can make a mount as substantial as the Z mount, I'm down. Can't see how a mount can be done without the mounts being welded on, even then, I'm down for them.

Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 02-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod

Sure! I would love to get one if the price is right of course!

Old 02-11-2004, 02:33 PM

could the G35 expect to see the same gains as the Z with the current Kinetix plenum? If so I'm interested in plenum only especially if its less than $400.

2003.5 G35S, 6MT, BLACK ON BLACK
35% TINT
CLEAR CORNERS

Old 02-11-2004, 02:44 PM

I'm interested in purchasing the Kinetix Plenum but I have a few questions that I'm not sure anyone on this forum can answer yet but I'll throw them out there for discussion anyway...

1. Can the plenum cover fit over the Kinetix?

2. I know there are strong plastics out there but what has been done to prove that this plenum is using high-strength plastics or that it's design is such that it is structurally sound particularly long-term in the summer heat of an engine bay?

3. I'm not interested in having the "dip" in the plenum to accomodate the strut tower brace since I'm not interested in the STB. Hopefully the vendor will make a "G" version of the plenum that has a smoother (no-dip) design to maximize airflow instead of accomodating the 350Z STB?

4. What's the weight savings (if there is any)?

5. Anyone have a picture of this design? Does it have the angular edges that the Crawford plenum has or has it been smoothed out a bit?

6. Does it come in different colors?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinetix Plenum w/ strut bar for G35- Any Interest?