Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

MREV2 and 3/8" Installed with cell phone Pic's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Here is a picture of a real MREV2 that was sold and resold I don't know how many times by RebelinRI. Pictures of this real one were mixed with fake ones all in the same for sale post in the classified sections of MY350Z and G35Driver.

On the blue towel - This is what a real MREV2 looks like.

The close up shot showing the runner inlet with a sharp edge - Its RebelinRI's picture and its a fake.

Attached Thumbnails MREV2 and 3/8" Installed with cell phone Pic's-real-mrev2.jpg   MREV2 and 3/8" Installed with cell phone Pic's-fake-mrev2.jpg  

Last edited by Hydrazine; 12-20-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Here is a picture of a real MREV2 that was sold and resold I don't know how many times by RebelinRI. Pictures of this real one were mixed with fake ones all in the same for sale post in the classified section.

The close up shot showing the runner inlet with a sharp edge - Its RebelinRI's and its a fake.

Wait the ones posted by citymunky and the one posted above are different, so which is the bogus part. The one you just posted looks like a nonrevup plenum thats had the casting marks grinded down, which doesn't appear to be present in the one citymunky posted, although I do see the extra machining that is apparent compared to your mrev2

Old 12-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't see where anything is different when trying to compare the grainy photo that citymunk put up vs. the photo from the website of motordyne engineering.

the real question here is how many has rebelinRI sold vs. how many did he buy from intense motorsports or other private parties?

if he's sold more than the ones he bought then perhaps indeed there is some fishy business going on here.

at the end of the day though tony isn't going to divulge where the differences are in the grainy photo vs. his real deal because of the fact that what he's done is his secret and that's why he's the only one that can make them.

none of us can judge publicly what has really gone on here and even tony doesn't know for sure unless he's seen the item that was sold to citymunky and been able to take measurements to prove that he didn't do them. even after all of that I'm sure if you compared one MREV2 to another MREV2 there would be subtle differences because these are, after all, modified versions of a stock setup and not really from some mold or cast that would guarantee a closer accuracy and precision.

as for buying up the multiple non-revup plenums it could just be that rebelinRI was just buying them so that he could get them at a cheap price and modify them himself to test for his own personal gains and R&D. I'm sure that Mr. Tony went through many before he got his product perfected and buying them from others is not a bad idea since you'll get it for cheaper.

in addition, no stamps or serial numbers are added to these MREV2s to show that they are indeed authentic.

cliff notes: no one is going to be able to prove this either way.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Here is a picture of a real MREV2 that was sold and resold I don't know how many times by RebelinRI. Pictures of this real one were mixed with fake ones all in the same for sale post in the classified sections of MY350Z and G35Driver.

The close up shot showing the runner inlet with a sharp edge - Its RebelinRI's picture and its a fake.

but that 2nd one is one that he even claimed was polished. he's been known for polishing up parts in the past.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
OK,

Civic4982 you don't have to belive me.

I know what my product looks like and I am not going to divulge my trade secrets to you.

Otherwise, its OK if you don't believe me.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by redlude97
Wait the ones posted by citymunky and the one posted above are different, so which is the bogus part. The one you just posted looks like a nonrevup plenum thats had the casting marks grinded down, which doesn't appear to be present in the one citymunky posted, although I do see the extra machining that is apparent compared to your mrev2
The one on the blue towel is real.

The darker picture on the right is the fake with a polish.

The picture of the non-revup posted by Citymunky is also a fake (no polish).

Old 12-20-2007, 11:09 PM
The one on the blue towel is real.

The darker picture on the right is the fake with a polish.

The picture of the non-revup posted by Citymunky is also a fake (no polish).
So are these both authentic MREV2's?

Thats is where my confusion lies, they are clearly different, but you are saying they are real, unless the first one I posted is a real MREV2 that rebellinRI grinded down

Old 12-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Ahhh yes. Good point.

I specifically and intentionally do not post a picture of a real MREV2 on my website.

It would make it toooo easy to copy.
If a vendor wants to copy my product they will have to at least buy a real one to do it.

What I have on my website is a regular plenum with the tops of runners 1&2 milled a little.

The real MREV2 has much more machining and effort put into it. A lot more.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:13 PM
OK,

Civic4982 you don't have to belive me.

I know what my product looks like and I am not going to divulge my trade secrets to you.

Otherwise, its OK if you don't believe me.
I wouldn't expect you to divulge your trade secrets.

I'll just repeat what I askd on the other forum:

without risking divulging your trade secrets I hope you'll be able to say if the differences are in quality of the machining, location, depth, or maybe that the thing isn't even a non-revup plenum.

what there is making you say that that one is a fake (generally speaking) ?

Old 12-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
OK,

Take a good look at the tops of the runners of both.

rebelinri has hard edges on his.

Mine don't have any hard edges at all. None.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Ahhh yes. Good point.

I specifically and intentionally do not post a picture of a real MREV2 on my website.

It would make it toooo easy to copy.
If a vendor wants to copy my product they will have to at least buy a real one to do it.

What I have on my website is a regular plenum with the tops of runners 1&2 milled a little.

The real MREV2 has much more machining and effort put into it. A lot more.
Now things make sense

Old 12-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
And there are many other details that only I know of. Details that only a rocket propulsion engineer would consider. Details that I always mandate in the manufacturing of the MREV2.

They aren't even for the purpose of copy protection. Its for fluid dynamic reasons.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:25 PM
OK,

Take a good look at the tops of the runners of both.

rebelinri has hard edges on his.

Mine don't have any hard edges at all. None.
thanks.

even that much detail wasn't necessary.

obviously the location of some of the machining is the place in which you note that there are differences and they are obvious enough for you to notice even from the quality of the photography.

I wonder why if someone was to make a countefeit or fake MREV2 though they'd make such an error. that in itself sounds highly suspect.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Omitting such a detail will be easy if you don't know its reason or significance.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by civic4982
thanks.

even that much detail wasn't necessary.

obviously the location of some of the machining is the place in which you note that there are differences and they are obvious enough for you to notice even from the quality of the photography.

I wonder why if someone was to make a countefeit or fake MREV2 though they'd make such an error. that in itself sounds highly suspect.
My guess would be that the added amount of machining cost would not be as beneficial. Even Tony has stated previously that the difference between the MREV and MREV 2 is only 3-4hp, and its pretty common knowledge that the major component of the MREV2 is the machining on the front 2 runners, so the difference between the "fake MREV2" and real MREV2 is likely 1-2hp, negligable IMO. The big deal here is that the fake is being presented as the real deal. If RebellinRI wanted to machine his own plenums and market them as his own version of a modified MREV plenum, I don't think Tony would have a huge problem with it, its that he is being purposely deceptive in his selling tactics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MREV2 and 3/8" Installed with cell phone Pic's