Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Installing Test Pipes This Evening...

Old 05-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing Test Pipes This Evening...

I received my Helix SS test pipes yesterday evening and I was going to have someone install them for me for $50, but when I told this one guy that "I'd do them if I had a lift", he said I could use his after-hours - so I'm going to tackle this on my own...

Is there anything I should be aware of before going into this? Do any problems frequently arise? What's the most difficult part of the install? Do I need to support the rest of the exhaust after I remove the cats? Sorry for all the questions, but I only have a two-hour time frame where I can get these done and then make it to my softball game on time (first night of playoffs), so I don't want to screw up.... Thanks for the advice!!!

2003.5 Brillant Silver G35 coupe 5AT
JDM Clear Corners, Alum. Pedals, Pro-1 Short Ram Intake; Waiting to Install: UR Crank Pulley, Helix SS Test Pipes, Custom Grounding Kit

Old 05-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Installing Test Pipes This Evening...

Well the problem that may arise and this would come up if you researched user review's, is noise or raspiness. I see people install test pipes then do a post wondering why they are raspy. Some people however, are happy as can be saying they don't have that problem. Hopefully it's all good for you in your case.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 05-04-2004, 01:57 PM

I'm fully aware of the raspiness that may arise - I'm not really worried about that (I've heard it before - but with aftermarket exhaust - and I actually liked it) - I was more wondering if any problems arose during the actual installation of the test pipes... but thanks for the reply

2003.5 Brillant Silver G35 coupe 5AT
JDM Clear Corners, Alum. Pedals, Pro-1 Short Ram Intake; Waiting to Install: UR Crank Pulley, Helix SS Test Pipes, Custom Grounding Kit

Old 05-08-2004, 04:10 AM

I took mine off the next day after installing it because it sounded to rice for my taste. I must admit though you really can feel the difference with these pipes.