Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Sound Clip: HKS axle back w/ Magnaflow Reso/muffler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Sound Clip: HKS axle back w/ Magnaflow Reso/muffler

sup everyone. finally got some time to take a sound clip of my setup.

04' sedan w/ the HKS axle back, custom mandrel bent midpipe, and Magnaflow muffler/resonator. got the idea from another member w/ an 06' running a stock muffler. Magnaflow part #10416

the sound clip is decent quality.

(btw, i'm not 'bossybetty' haha i used my friend's account)

first impressions: a lot louder and way more drone than just w/ just the HKS. still getting used to the drone.

if someone wants, they can add the clip to the sedan exhaust sticky.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clip sounds clean and good but I can see where you view it as being loud. I want a little louder exhaust tone with my setup but the HKS paired with a y pipe and hfcs was just too loud for my taste. I think I will be going with a tube magnaflow resonator and hope the stock rear section keeps the sound distinguishable but not too loud. Thanks for the clips, I hope to have some up soon.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
i was thinking of a y pipe but w/ the sound level as it is now, i'm afraid of how much louder it'll get. hfcs, i'm not even gonna consider haha

w/ all the drone, sometimes i feel like i've lost that distict g sound. but for sure, put up sound clips when you finish your set up!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cremaster
i was thinking of a y pipe but w/ the sound level as it is now, i'm afraid of how much louder it'll get. hfcs, i'm not even gonna consider haha

w/ all the drone, sometimes i feel like i've lost that distict g sound. but for sure, put up sound clips when you finish your set up!
yeah, you might want to look into the HR y pipe that DaveB fitted. probably find one for a good price and only a slight increase in noise with oem fitment. i will try to get some clips soon and might throw on the hks since the swap takes 20 minutes. for some reason i remember the hks seeming quieter at wot than it did at 4k or just cruising rpm. i would stay away from any brand of hfc if you are looking for only slight increases in sound unless you go back with the oem rear section.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:07 PM
before adding the new midpipe and magnaflow, my hks seemed pretty quiet; at least there wasn't any drone. now, there is tons of drone and i guess everything else is louder across the powerband.

i'd love to hear what the HR y pipe sounds like w/ the hks. give me a heads up when you get the clip up.