Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

A few questions about mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few questions about mods

Im looking at putting some money into my g this summer. Nothing too much but some nice add ons in my eyes. I have a 2003 g35 6mt with everything but nav. Im looking at getting a z-tube, pop charger with heat shield, 5/16 or 1/2 motordyne copper spacer since i live in Canada. Any imputs and comments about what im looking at doing will be greatly appreciated. I also have some questions about an oem satellite radio unit. My car has a sat button on the middle console, but it says no sat when i push it. I say some posts that a company offers some oem units, im wondering if it will work and what i need to get it working in a 2003 coupe. Thanks

Old 02-18-2009, 09:32 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Milosch
Im looking at putting some money into my g this summer. Nothing too much but some nice add ons in my eyes. I have a 2003 g35 6mt with everything but nav. Im looking at getting a z-tube, pop charger with heat shield, 5/16 or 1/2 motordyne copper spacer since i live in Canada. Any imputs and comments about what im looking at doing will be greatly appreciated. I also have some questions about an oem satellite radio unit. My car has a sat button on the middle console, but it says no sat when i push it. I say some posts that a company offers some oem units, im wondering if it will work and what i need to get it working in a 2003 coupe. Thanks
What do you want to know? Be specific.

Regarding the satelite radio, you can get a OEM Sirius adapter here.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Im wondering if these are the best mods to start with, if i should go 5/16 or 1/2, which is better. Other mods i was looking at was underdrive pulley (unorthodox racing), dont know the gains and if its worth while. Imputs like that

Old 02-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ztube/popcharger is a must and the spacer is also great. I never knew how much of a difference it could make but it does. You should definitely get them. CZP is a great site to order from, thats were i got my exhaust, ztube, popcharger from. And as far as the SAT radio, i know a few people that have added it to their car but I personally have not done it. Good luck.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosef
Ztube/popcharger is a must and the spacer is also great. I never knew how much of a difference it could make but it does. You should definitely get them. CZP is a great site to order from, thats were i got my exhaust, ztube, popcharger from. And as far as the SAT radio, i know a few people that have added it to their car but I personally have not done it. Good luck.
Is this what you got? http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...0209.159.119.4

That's sick... Does anyone think it's better to get a combo like this? or get separate parts? I'm in the market myself for mods and looking for direction. This seems like an easy way out, but heck 25Hp is no joke plus you're lowering the weight of the car. I'm not complaining.

Do you think this intake would perform better than say an HKS Premium Suction?

Last edited by twalls; 02-19-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:29 PM
how much are u willing to spend?

check out marketplace, they have great stuff for great price.

imo go with ztube pop charger, full catback exhaust such as stillen, hks, fast intentions

the 5/16 spacer is great, doesnt really matter what company u get it from. id go with 5/8 tho. more top end more.

also get resonated straight pipes, great mod for the price!

so.. ztube w/pop charger, catback exhaust, resonated straight pipes, and a spacer.

also underdrive crank pulley works so good!! i love it.

you will be happy with those mods

Old 02-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by twalls
Is this what you got? http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...0209.159.119.4

That's sick... Does anyone think it's better to get a combo like this? or get separate parts? I'm in the market myself for mods and looking for direction. This seems like an easy way out, but heck 25Hp is no joke plus you're lowering the weight of the car. I'm not complaining.

Do you think this intake would perform better than say an HKS Premium Suction?
Yeah that’s what I got, and the only reason I got it was because I was already planning on getting the same items but then i just saw that and it was cheaper than buying them one by one. And as far as the intake, I have not had any experience with the hks premium suction kit but as far as I know it’s just a replacement filter that allows more air to pass through. And I’m personally not the biggest fan of aluminum intakes because metal absorbs more heat than that of a plastic one. Gl with your decision.