Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

G35 Sedan - Custom Dual Exhaust Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LyricallySick
Of course. I wasnt by no mean criticizing your idea, just disappointed with Infiniti to alteast have the skirts painted from the factory. However, you should paint yours for the the time being, and it will flow much better.
Yeah I'll have to figure out something one day, either get aftermarket ones or paint the existing, but it's all $ down the road haha

Originally Posted by iTzTeddy
looks cool I always wanted to do it, how much you spend? you pay for labor or you install yourself?
It cost me $721 CDN which included the labor, all the pipes, the muffler, and moving the evap. An awesome price I have to say. The car went in at about 9am, and they called me to say it was done at like 2pm.

Originally Posted by G SEDAN
LOL I had the same reaction as your friend....its so loud but sounds so cool I just wanted to laugh. While I wouldn't do it to my car, I think its kinda cool. Only thing is that the lack of a resonator brought the rasp level really high.....but congrats on the new setup!
Yeah when I first started it up and revved it I was like holy crap, this is loud haha. It turns heads when I floor it, that's for sure haha. We put it on without resonators at first and I'm going to drive it like that for awhile. If I find it's still too loud and bugging me then we can put resonators on both pipes, but so far I'm liking it. I mean, it didn't have an exhaust before, so I say I'm liking it now, but after weeks of it being loud I may want it quieter haha. We will see if my mind changes.

I had it on the highway for awhile already and it doesn't drone bad at all luckily. If i'm doing a constant highway speed then it doesn't even sound like I have an exhaust. If I give it more gas though and the RPM goes up, then you can hear it, but other than that it's really good. It really depends what RPM you're doing as to how loud it will be, same as most exhaust I'm assuming, so it's not too bad.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
I'm w/ you. I'm a big fan of dual exhausts on a sports sedan/car/coupe, but just doesn't sit right as shown here on the sedan....the tips are too small here and looks like they stick out too far, but could be the angle from the picts.
Here's some pics of how much they actually stick out:

The big difference between this and most others, is there isn't any mufflers at the back, it's just pipes. If I had mufflers then they would be shorter tips, then the muffler showing, but it's all just pipes, so they go longer back under the car. We couldn't fit a decent sized muffler on the right unless we moved the evap, so we just repositioned it and fit a pipe past it. I think this, and the size of the openings in the rear skirt make it look sorta off. We just matched the left side opening, which was made for 2 pipes, to the right side so it's the same, even though it is too big. I'm hoping if I get a different skirt that has openings the same size at the pipes then it will look better.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Playa24_7
It cost me $721 CDN which included the labor, all the pipes, the muffler, and moving the evap. An awesome price I have to say. The car went in at about 9am, and they called me to say it was done at like 2pm.
That's a pretty good price, not much more than a used Borla or Stillen TD. Not a fan of the sound, though, I'm afraid.

Pics underneath, please!

Old 09-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
That's a pretty good price, not much more than a used Borla or Stillen TD. Not a fan of the sound, though, I'm afraid.

Pics underneath, please!
Yeah np, everyone is different, some will like it some won't. I might put resonators eventually to quiet it a bit and make it less raspy but who knows.

I picked up the car when I was done work and it was already off the hoist, so I need to get it back on one to get some pics. I'll try to get some this week if I can.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips

Pics underneath, please!
^+1
I looked at this mod many times but never had the cojones to actually give it a go.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
hmm sounds really good!! u shud get quad tips when u switch it up

Old 09-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
+3 for underside pics.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new exhaust. Sounds nice. I would have gone with different tips though.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
any pic of the underbelly from a level point of view? i like a nice smooth and clear underbody without any pipes sticking downward. i got a shop near here that does custom exhaust for like 400ish for G sedans. but my friend got it on his car and it has alot of those popping noise when he lets it roar.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Bestswat
Congrats on the new exhaust. Sounds nice. I would have gone with different tips though.
Yeah those were the best looking ones they had in stock at the time. I didn't want to wait so I just told them to put those on haha. I can always get other ones later. The only good thing is that it looks stock, so if a cop asks me if it's stock I can tell him yes, because they aren't huge pipes haha. It doesn't sound stock though, so I don't know if that will work haha.

I have to get my car on a hoist at some point soon, so once I do that then I'll take some pics.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Playa24_7
Let me rephrase that, I'm pretty sure it's illegal, but I do not know for sure haha

It's not illegal to move it.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
It's not illegal to move it.
I was just told that here in Canada it was illegal to move it to the trunk, but who knows if that's even true anyway lol. Our emission standards are jacked haha

Old 09-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Lookin good man.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Here's a new video with some drive-bys added on

Old 09-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Let's see some shots from underneath - even a video would be cool. It sounds pretty good to me - even a little exotic. It would be nice as long as it wasn't too loud from inside the car as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Sedan - Custom Dual Exhaust Installed