Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

link for a before and after hks hi power dyno?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
link for a before and after hks hi power dyno?

Hello there!

I just added a ztube mrev2 and spacer to my 06 g35 coupe and now have the bug to get more delicious bolt on horsepower! I have heard that HKS hi power exhaust sounds great and is very well made, the only problem is that I have not been able to track down any before and after dyno graphs of this exhaust - basically people just saying "I think it makes X more hp". Anyone know of a link to a before and after dyno comparison either on a g or z?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
It's amazing because I've been searching for a before/after HKS dyno forever and as far as I know none exist. I wouldn't be surprised if it gave you some low end loss and minimal top end gains...nobody buys the HKS for performance though. Just looks and sound.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:44 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Never seen one myself, seen x02 ones and that they give a good performance boost but oh wait they are the "cheap and crappy" wannabe hks.... hmm if only a hks owner would ever man up and do a before and after dyno. Think of the trouble that may stir up if it actually does put out less power than the x02.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Never seen one myself, seen x02 ones and that they give a good performance boost but oh wait they are the "cheap and crappy" wannabe hks.... hmm if only a hks owner would ever man up and do a before and after dyno. Think of the trouble that may stir up if it actually does put out less power than the x02.
Why are you always so bitter about people making fun of the X02? Most HKS owners don't care about the gains their exhaust gets, if they did they wouldn't have bought an HKS. It's not that nobody is 'maning up' for a dyno, more like we'd rather not put an ugly misfiting piece of **** on our car no matter how much cheaper it is. So it's really a moot point that you're arguing.

If you're so happy with your X02, then that's great I'm happy for you. And I don't even mind the X02 brigade showing up on HKS vs. X02 threads. Just don't **** up every HKS thread trying to justify why you bought a knock-off, when it has nothing to even do with what the OP is asking.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Xet
Originally Posted by tragedycat
Why are you always so bitter about people making fun of the X02? Most HKS owners don't care about the gains their exhaust gets, if they did they wouldn't have bought an HKS. It's not that nobody is 'maning up' for a dyno, more like we'd rather not put an ugly misfiting piece of **** on our car no matter how much cheaper it is. So it's really a moot point that you're arguing.

If you're so happy with your X02, then that's great I'm happy for you. And I don't even mind the X02 brigade showing up on HKS vs. X02 threads. Just don't **** up every HKS thread trying to justify why you bought a knock-off, when it has nothing to even do with what the OP is asking.
Haha don't get your panties in a bunch bro. I pointed out a simple fact that HKS has no dynos and that x02 does and has proof of it's gains. He can use that to assume the gains might be somewhere close but HKS not likely as high. And an ugly pos is only your opinion and besides maybe $100 new tips I would like for you to point out how it is uglier. I guarantee with different tips you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference on the car, so by that logic then your exhaust is an ugly pos as well.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
I agree with tragedycat that most people buy HKS for their sound, if I didn't get Fast Intentions, I would of gotten HKS. By the way I am extremely happy with Fast Intention, check them out I believe they have dyno on their website.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe XO2 makes more power than HKS due to larger piping.

If you are willing to pay 1400 for HKS why not check out MD's exhaust line. They make the most power and are high quality. When I got my FI exhaust MD hadn't put out theirs yet. If they had things might be different for me but even so I'm happy with my FI exhaust.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Import tuner Magazine:
http://www.importtuner.com/powerpage...50z/index.html

Dyno 2 HKS Hi-Power Exhaust System
243.6 HP 232.8 TQ
Pros
The HKS Hi-Power exhaust system is truly a work of art. The twin-canister design and twin piping with H-pipe balancer tube shows that the engineers at HKS really did their homework; and the dyno numbers show it. We witnessed gains as high as 14 hp to the wheels from 6200 rpm to redline. And the exhaust note is not as loud as one would think from a twin-canister system, but once you smash the throttle the engine comes to life; it was music to our ears.

Baseline 231.8 227.1

2000 to 3500 HP average 0-2 2000 to 3500 TQ average 0-2
3500 to 5500 HP average 2-7 3500 to 5500 TQ average 1-5
5500 to redline HP average 6-14 5500 to redline TQ average 4-7

Peak Horsepower 243.6 Peak Torque 232.8

Old 07-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Xet
Originally Posted by deep in her Z
Import tuner Magazine:
http://www.importtuner.com/powerpage...50z/index.html

Dyno 2 HKS Hi-Power Exhaust System
243.6 HP 232.8 TQ
Pros
The HKS Hi-Power exhaust system is truly a work of art. The twin-canister design and twin piping with H-pipe balancer tube shows that the engineers at HKS really did their homework; and the dyno numbers show it. We witnessed gains as high as 14 hp to the wheels from 6200 rpm to redline. And the exhaust note is not as loud as one would think from a twin-canister system, but once you smash the throttle the engine comes to life; it was music to our ears.
Link just goes to a grey screen for me?

Can't see it but it would be very nice to finally see a dyno results sheet for hks. For anyone who cares here is one for x02: https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...ual-x02-3.html

Old 07-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ark grip...x-pipe...nuff said

Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Xet
Link just goes to a grey screen for me?

Can't see it but it would be very nice to finally see a dyno results sheet for hks. For anyone who cares here is one for x02: https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...ual-x02-3.html
The link is still working for me. You could try going to the import tuner website and searching for "350z exhaust dyno" in the search box. It is going to be article #46 in the results. Title is 2003 Nissan 350Z - Power Pages
The article however does not show a graph. Just the hp/tq results through out the RPM range. I figure those results are the most important thing anyways. According to the article the hks exhaust had no losses anywhere, only gains across the entire rpm range.

Last edited by abcdo4dkIdjkm; 07-22-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Banned
Intense power has this on there website. It is a dyno graph supposedly for the HKS, but it looks weird. It says 2002 350z and the hp numbers on the graph are different from what the text description says. But the numbers in the description are correct, and the dyno results do correlate to making gains of 14hp peak and 11.8 average.

http://www.intensepower.com/hksduhititex.html

Old 07-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
I actually bought the HKS exhaust because it looks amazing and man.. when i heard it in person, its truly amazing

The videos make basicly all exhaust sounds the same to me, so they didnt help me that much while looking for an exhaust.

But is the link with the 350z and hks exhaust dyno accurate?

Soo around 11 hp and 5 tq is an accurate hp gain of the exhaust im guessing..

Old 07-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These responses have given me a lot of information to help me make a decision. That said I'm still not 100% on which exhaust I will be getting.

Thanks to all that took the time to post so far!

Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by w4kj4k
I actually bought the HKS exhaust because it looks amazing and man.. when i heard it in person, its truly amazing

The videos make basicly all exhaust sounds the same to me, so they didnt help me that much while looking for an exhaust.

But is the link with the 350z and hks exhaust dyno accurate?

Soo around 11 hp and 5 tq is an accurate hp gain of the exhaust im guessing..
I dont know about the link with the dyno from intense motorsport. But according to the independent testing from import tuner they got 11hp and 5tq. So your assumption is correct.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: link for a before and after hks hi power dyno?