Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

BEST TEST PIPES FOR SEDAN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEST TEST PIPES FOR SEDAN

does anyone have dyno results?

Old 10-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Re: BEST TEST PIPES FOR SEDAN

All the test pipes will give you the same horsepower. I installed a pair last week and will be heading to the drag strip next Friday and I can tell then you how much powere they rendered.

Here is my thoughts on the test pipes:

Installation is straight forward and will take about two hours. Make sure you have about three feet worth of extensions.

Be prepared for the smell of unburnt gasses coming into the car--both at idle and when driving with the sunroof open. Be prepared for a service engine light. Mine came on two days after the install and came on again after resetting the ECU. Be prepared for a raspy exhaust note. Though this becomes more tolerable over time

While there is a noticeable increase in power, mine will be coming off soon. Mostly becasue of the unburnt gas smell I get in the car.

Old 11-08-2004, 12:48 AM
Re: BEST TEST PIPES FOR SEDAN

I have Helix test pipes, hooked to a Borla exhaust. People talk about weird raspy noises, but I cant hear them. But the pipes with the exhaust the fumes are fu*k!n bad. When I warm my car up in the morning my entire garage is full of fumes, and it stinks like [censored]. But for me the power and sound is worth it. I say get them

04 G35 Sedan Blk/Blk
Nissan Badges
Tein S Tech
Injen CAI
Borla TD Exhaust
Helix Race Pipes

Old 01-20-2005, 10:18 PM
anyone else have any problems with test pipes on their sedan and does everyones service engine light come on?

Old 01-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by smokeator
anyone else have any problems with test pipes on their sedan and does everyones service engine light come on?
Two days after I installed the test pipes I got a CEL. I reset the ECU twice by leaving the battery disconected overnight. Both time the CEL came back on within a day. After about a month I reinstalled the cats when I installed the Stillen catback exhaust system and have not had a CEL since. If you read through the various threads it appears as though more people than not who have installed the test pipes have not had a CEL. All I can tell you is there is no way to know for sure if you will get a CEL until you install the test pipes. I can tell you that when I ran the test pipes through the stock exhaust system it had very good top end power gains but I lost some power at low and mid range. With the Stillen catback exhaust system and the cats reinstalled I have lost some top end power but the low and midrange power is phenominal. The driveabilty (fun factor) on the street was greatly enhanced with the Stillen system. As a side note I do plan to reinstall the test pipes with the Stillen exhaust system just to see what happens. At this point I will more than likely install some high flow cats in the near future.

Old 01-22-2005, 03:02 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by court
I have Helix test pipes, hooked to a Borla exhaust. People talk about weird raspy noises, but I cant hear them. But the pipes with the exhaust the fumes are fu*k!n bad. When I warm my car up in the morning my entire garage is full of fumes, and it stinks like [censored]. But for me the power and sound is worth it. I say get them

I agree, i had well still have for now, XERD test pipes with my Borla exhaust and it was deep as hell and MEAN, not one bit of rasp at all! XERD are very good test pipes, Helix are also prob the same, iw ould sell you mine but im not taking them off yet, ia lso had no issues with CEL's coming on, go for it!