Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Berk HFC installed.. DAMN!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had the ichiba headers and test pipes put on with a borla cat back..

Last edited by trev_rng35; 01-07-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:51 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
It should make the cars exhaust a lil louder with a bit of rasp.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Update sound clip

Old 01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
will be a noticable difference on a stock OEM exhaust setup??? or is it not worth it on stock. only on aftermarket exhaust

Old 01-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I got to get some Berks, I stuck between them and the art pipes.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by illmatic35
will be a noticable difference on a stock OEM exhaust setup??? or is it not worth it on stock. only on aftermarket exhaust
I've seen a few guys run the setup like that. They usually do it to enhance the stock exhaust note. Either way it's more free flowing so it would be better.
But. Ofcoure it would be a lot
better with a new bigger pipe after market exhaust bc I know the original y-pipe is restrictive and the piping for the exhaust is smaller.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the buy.. i also have berks.. along with a 370z HR Y-pipe, coupe middy, and hks sport muffler... i do agree with you on how the berks give you a more aggressive note BUT... the gains you are talking about are a bit exaggerated.. especially without a tune.. dont get me wrong, they def give gains, but not enough for you to walk your friends 350.. also its a bit weird that he was beating you before the berks.. stock for stock the g35 is faster than the g35 coupe and 350z.. if you don't believe me search the forums for the times... as far as your gains.. keep in mind that a more aggresive sound will make it seem like the HP increased dramatically. But if you still feel like you gained alot of HP from the berks.. do yourself a favor and tune it.. you'll be speechless. Regardless, enjoy the berks and keep modding! (My apologies if i sounded like a jerk, i just want to warn others because they might be dissapointed when they dont experience the same gains you did... i hope i didnt burst your bubble) one more thing.. if you do want really noticable gains.. get some heads THAN tune..

Old 01-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
he has a g35 coupe. a 350z should beat him solely on curb weight. true headers do add a decent amount of hp but install is a pain in the ***. you will end up dropping more on installation than on the headers themselves.

I would get a tune tho since you have a number of breather mods.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by AceG35X
Congrats on the buy.. i also have berks.. along with a 370z HR Y-pipe, coupe middy, and hks sport muffler... i do agree with you on how the berks give you a more aggressive note BUT... the gains you are talking about are a bit exaggerated.. especially without a tune.. dont get me wrong, they def give gains, but not enough for you to walk your friends 350.. also its a bit weird that he was beating you before the berks.. stock for stock the g35 is faster than the g35 coupe and 350z.. if you don't believe me search the forums for the times... as far as your gains.. keep in mind that a more aggresive sound will make it seem like the HP increased dramatically. But if you still feel like you gained alot of HP from the berks.. do yourself a favor and tune it.. you'll be speechless. Regardless, enjoy the berks and keep modding! (My apologies if i sounded like a jerk, i just want to warn others because they might be dissapointed when they dont experience the same gains you did... i hope i didnt burst your bubble) one more thing.. if you do want really noticable gains.. get some heads THAN tune..
I understand what you're saying BUT I never said the Berks HFC were going to give the G35 100 hp increase. I dont see what was exaggerating in my post? All I said was how I could feel the power vs with all my other mods and that it was noticeable. About my cousins 350Z.. I have a G35 coupe FYI.. his car obviously weighs less than mine and mine you that he is BONE STOCK. Weight makes a big difference too so I can see how he was just gaining on me with just an muffler delete (muffler delete will shift the power band). Compared to all my mods that I have with the HFC, it is knowledgeable that I can beat him. Me and him can go all day and my car just keeps gaining and passes him. You can come see for yourself. Now I dont know about a g35 sedan.. My sister drives an 05 sedan and I have lil mini races with her too and I usually beat her as well. Yeah a tune is on the way in April bc a good tuner is about two and a half hours away from me.

So yeah you're right, I would see more gains with a tune vs no tune of course. But overall Berk HFC were a really good bang for the buck vs the spacer. Especially with my butt dyno feel LOL.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by BonBG35
he has a g35 coupe. a 350z should beat him solely on curb weight. true headers do add a decent amount of hp but install is a pain in the ***. you will end up dropping more on installation than on the headers themselves.

I would get a tune tho since you have a number of breather mods.
You really think headers would do that? What is a ball park range on the amount of HP? And what is a respectable header brand that you would recommend that would see the most gains?

Installation will be a pain the ***. Installing my own HFC and seeing where the headers are and all tight spots.. man its going to be mind bottling. I wont worrying about paying for installation bc I work at an autoshop so its all GOOOOOOD.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
Every time I read this I can't wait to get them..

Old 08-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
So which setup will pass smog in Cali? All this talk makes me want to get something!

Old 08-11-2011, 06:43 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
ART pipes and test pipes will not pass smog. Some HFCs will but it doesn't seem to be any particular brand, more dependent on the shop that issues the test from what I've read here.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
I hate having to smog! I am still interested in hearing HFC's in person to see if it's worth the trouble. I am glad only 1 of my 3 vehicles req smog.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CLyons0203
I found a guy selling some lightly used Kinetix HFC for $150. I would like to try these out on my 05 sedan, but I wonder what my exhaust would sound like. I have coupe mid pipe and HR y-pipe. I cant find any video clips of a stock exhaust with HFC sedan
I have a 2006 G35 sedan with kinetic HFC and Stillen exhaust. When your cruising the sound is almost quiet, but when your under full throttle its loader and deeper than stock. Although I am looking to get Berk HFC now since I damaged my Kinetic HFC on dam roadway work.

Is the Berk HFC quieter than the KenticsHFC or about the same?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Berk HFC installed.. DAMN!