Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Berks HFC too raspy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Bank 1 is passenger side. You could swap the O2 sensors from side to side and see if the code changes to at least be sure its a sensor. Strange that you have rasp, are you sure you don't have an exhaust leak?

Old 02-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Wow after that video im strongly consdering another brand of hfc's. That was a horrrible second vid!

Old 03-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had Berk HFC's for about 1 week, no rasp and no CEL.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Here's a heads up with BERK'S HFCs they already come with "Non Foulers!" If you're throwing an error code you need to look at the sensors by checking the codes or the other possibility is you have a gasket leak where the exhaust manifold and BERK'S bolt up. My error code was caused by the right bank primary sensor which I'm replacing....had to order from Infiniti. Let you know what the result is after I replace it.
Gary

Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
I cleared the codes. Had a bad sensor.

As far as raspy, they are starting to mellow out. And when I say raspy, it may not be everyone elses idea of raspy. I HATE HATE HATE the typical Honda sound, and the first week or so it was too close for comfort to that.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dude check out MY rasp:
This bugs me -.-. I don't know what to do. I've gotten it checked out already. Any input?

Old 04-18-2011, 03:07 AM
I had my HFC installed last week. I recently notice a weird 'hissing' sound. Whenever, I rev and it drops 1 1/2- 2 RPMS it starts to hiss. It's getting real annoying too.

Could it be the OEM gaskets?

Old 04-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by JOHNNY CASH
I had my HFC installed last week. I recently notice a weird 'hissing' sound. Whenever, I rev and it drops 1 1/2- 2 RPMS it starts to hiss. It's getting real annoying too.

Could it be the OEM gaskets?
Might be a leak? Lift it and (CAREFULLY) get underneath and check for leaks.

mine is toning down and starting to get a low growl sound and low rpms, but its def LOUD, and really loud when you give it hell. I've got a video of a buddy taking off from a light, just gott aedit out the long wait for a green.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:49 PM
just uploaded so the quality is crap until it completely processes, and my camera doesnt pic up things at night well, but gives an idea of what it sounds like. When it takes off, the stoplight is a good 3 blocks away, maybe more, and the road angles away from the camera.

like I said, not too loud when kept 2500r's or below but it def gets loud once you get above 3k.

[youtube]tijuvwGfoGM[/youtube]

Old 04-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by 2one8
Might be a leak? Lift it and (CAREFULLY) get underneath and check for leaks.

mine is toning down and starting to get a low growl sound and low rpms, but its def LOUD, and really loud when you give it hell. I've got a video of a buddy taking off from a light, just gott aedit out the long wait for a green.
I'll do that! I knew I should of use new gaskets!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by 2one8
just uploaded so the quality is crap until it completely processes, and my camera doesnt pic up things at night well, but gives an idea of what it sounds like. When it takes off, the stoplight is a good 3 blocks away, maybe more, and the road angles away from the camera.

like I said, not too loud when kept 2500r's or below but it def gets loud once you get above 3k.

[youtube]tijuvwGfoGM[/youtube]
Your G sounds good to me . I didn't hear any type of rasp but maybe it just one those things, where you just have to be there to notice it.

But I'll upload a clip of my G reving. As soon as I figure out how to upload videos. haha

Old 04-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Your G sounds good to me . I didn't hear any type of rasp but maybe it just one those things, where you just have to be there to notice it.

But I'll upload a clip of my G reving. As soon as I figure out how to upload videos. haha
Once they got some miles on them the rasp started to go away. I like the tone now, could be a little deeper but that will come with a y-pip and exhaust. It's just hella louder than I expected, and louder than people said they would be. I'm not 17 anymore ,I dont want a loud obnoxious car anymore. Yes, it comes with the territory, but for just HFC on a stock system its freaking LOUD

Old 04-19-2011, 05:09 PM
^^^ I have a stock exhaust myself. I can't really tell the difference if my G got any louder. It sounds the same to me tho.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:23 PM
^^^ I have a stock exhaust myself. I can't really tell the difference if my G got any louder. It sounds the same to me tho.
really?! man I noticed it right away! And every time I start it by someone or give someone a ride somewhere the first thing they say is it's not quiet lol. I even crawled underneath the other day and checked for leaks, nothing

Old 04-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
mine doesn't sound that bad and im running the motrdyne xyz pipe without resonator. however i got two codes, p1283 and p1273

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Berks HFC too raspy?