Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Fast Intentions Resonated HFCs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by PhGit
I'm looking to add HFCs to my FI exhaust. Did you do this all at once or add on the HFCs later? My exhaust is broken in and I have no drone at all (took about 15k miles) and really pleased with the sound, just wondering what to expect since you have the same thing. Thx.
I added the HFC later, I got my FI exhaust around June 09, then I got my HFC installed on around April 10. After the installed I was expecting the car to sound louder, but to my surprise it wasn't much louder. It sounds really good, I did it more to allow better air flow, since the Cats, are like a bottle neck. You will be very please with the sound, also the HFC are lighter the CATS on our car. The install was also very easy.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wanagofaster
So I will get a CEL if I were to get MD ART pipes?
no. theres a thread in the intake exhaust section.

I'm looking to add HFCs to my FI exhaust. Did you do this all at once or add on the HFCs later? My exhaust is broken in and I have no drone at all (took about 15k miles) and really pleased with the sound, just wondering what to expect since you have the same thing. Thx.
I did it the other way i had FI HFC first then added the FI exhaust later. I have the round catback though which is supposed to be louder than the intimidator. anyway when i added the exhaust i got drone. exhaust has been on for 5k and i swapped to md art pipes and still have drone but its a little less. idk what will happen to you just adding my experience.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the FI intimidator with the stainless round cans. It was crazy loud at first and had drone in the 2000-2800 range. Now that it's broken in (took me about 15k miles) I can say from experience it sounds like stock but louder, no drone at all, and is very stock-like unless I accelerate hard. That was last week. I just added the mrev2 Fri night and everything is sounding a bit louder now but still no drone and very happy.

Originally Posted by BonBG35
I did it the other way i had FI HFC first then added the FI exhaust later. I have the round catback though which is supposed to be louder than the intimidator. anyway when i added the exhaust i got drone. exhaust has been on for 5k and i swapped to md art pipes and still have drone but its a little less. idk what will happen to you just adding my experience.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:44 PM
I have the FI intimidator with the stainless round cans. It was crazy loud at first and had drone in the 2000-2800 range. Now that it's broken in (took me about 15k miles) I can say from experience it sounds like stock but louder, no drone at all, and is very stock-like unless I accelerate hard. That was last week. I just added the mrev2 Fri night and everything is sounding a bit louder now but still no drone and very happy.
15k mile to break in? seems a little long lol. but ya drone is the only thing i hate with this setup (same rpm range). if it goes away at 15k miles i'd be pretty ecstatic (or maybe pissed because by then it's time for a new car)

Old 03-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah... it chilled out a lot sooner than that but around the 15k mark it got really tame in comparison. I was super happy when the drone stopped though. Not that it was too bad for awhile there before it stopped, but none is way better.

Originally Posted by BonBG35
15k mile to break in? seems a little long lol. but ya drone is the only thing i hate with this setup (same rpm range). if it goes away at 15k miles i'd be pretty ecstatic (or maybe pissed because by then it's time for a new car)

Old 03-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
So I will get a CEL if I were to get MD ART pipes?
No.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:30 PM
One thing I did realize between the Berks and Fast Intention is that Berk uses the stock mount to support the exhaust when Fast Intention doesnt use the bracket at all. IMO that sucks cuz now all the weight is put on the headers. Has anybody come across any problems with the lack of support on the CATS after installing HFCs. I think I am gona make my own bracket if I do purchase FI HFCs.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
the only reason the OEM cats used mounting brackets, is they weighed a ton.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Hey guys when i go to install my HFCs ive heard it would be a smart idea to buy the oem gaskets instead of using the ones that come with the Cats. Infiniti wants $55 bucks for the gaskets which is crazy but if im saving problems down the road ill just put out the money.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:16 AM
i've read its common to just reuse your old ones. they will work fine.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:44 AM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Hey guys when i go to install my HFCs ive heard it would be a smart idea to buy the oem gaskets instead of using the ones that come with the Cats. Infiniti wants $55 bucks for the gaskets which is crazy but if im saving problems down the road ill just put out the money.
I used the gasket that came with my FI HFC, going on a year with no problem.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:30 AM
OMG, finally got mine on and i LOVE them. totally quieted down my lower RPM drone

Old 09-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
OMG, finally got mine on and i LOVE them. totally quieted down my lower RPM drone
How quiet are they? I figured they should be about as quiet as the OEM cats.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:20 AM
def not as quiet as OEM, OEM has 4 catalyzers. these only have 2 plus the 2 resonators. oh, and i just passed smog w/flying colors

Old 09-07-2011, 10:30 AM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
vids or it didn't happen lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions Resonated HFCs