Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Experts, Help!! I Need to know what Exhaust to GET!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experts, Help!! I Need to know what Exhaust to GET!!!!

Hello, I am new to g35driver, i have done A LOT of research and heard A Lot of different things from other people, But Will Some one with any expert advice please help. I was gunna go with hks high power, but after reading a few threads i dont know what to do!!. i heard fast intentions is good but then i heard the Motordyne ShockWave TDX2 on youtube and it sounded BEASTY!!!!!!!!! so in the end i want The best proformence I Can get, and the ballsiest sound I can get, i have a aem cold air intake right now.
Also i plan on getting plenum spacers and i don't know whether to get 5/16 or 1/2 inch. ANY advice i can get would greatly be appreciated! Thank You in Advance. (sorry about the long post, i just love my baby and dont want it to sound CHEESY in ANY way!)

Old 05-03-2011, 01:54 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Here, Jayk was very kind enough to compile this list of aftermarket exhausts. This isn't all of them since it is kind of a forum generated list. Jayk just updates it when people post up their vids, dynos, and pictures.

https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...mpilation.html

Go through that list, some of them have dynos and some have videos. I hope that helps you.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Thank you SOOOOOOO MUCH

Old 05-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
If you can afford it, I would go with the motordyne setup man

Old 05-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by almost3flips
If you can afford it, I would go with the motordyne setup man
If its worth it i will save up for it. what are the pros and cons?

Old 05-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Motordyne everything. It's the best. It is also on back order. I've been waiting for my Art pipes and tdx w/resonaters for 5 weeks. I know it will be worth the wait...

Old 05-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by JJSOLON
Motordyne everything. It's the best. It is also on back order. I've been waiting for my Art pipes and tdx w/resonaters for 5 weeks. I know it will be worth the wait...
I wanna get art pipes but i dont wanna hassle with the illegal smogcheck i would have to get, CALI smog restrictions are a bitch. How do you Pass smog
?

Old 05-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^Just throw the stock cats on for smog.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Motordyne has proven gains and from what I've seen with independent dynos, a full motordyne setup yields the most gains. It is also very loud, so I'm not sure how you feel about that.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts
yes motordyne exhaust is BEASTT =) you'll love it.. makes great power sounds amazing with perfect fitment and quality

Old 05-03-2011, 02:46 PM
i say start with just the art pipes if you are strapped for cash. Get your car cleared right before you put them on :P

the sound will be awesome even with stock exhaust. the motordyne setup is incredible and definetly top o the list but for now i really think you will be pleased with the art pipes

Old 05-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by DomeP1ece
i say start with just the art pipes if you are strapped for cash. Get your car cleared right before you put them on :P

the sound will be awesome even with stock exhaust. the motordyne setup is incredible and definetly top o the list but for now i really think you will be pleased with the art pipes
Will Do thank you

Old 05-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The HKS Hi-Power is a well made exhaust but I was dissapointed in how it sounded and am glad that I did not purchase it. The Motordyne exhaust IMO is one of the best sounding systems out there and the craftsmanship on it is incredible. The only complaint I have heard about the MD exhaust is how long it takes to get shipped out.

The exhaust that I am running is the Ark Performance Grip V2. I did a ton of research on what exhaust system to buy and listened to a bunch of different exhausts. I narrowed it down to the MD, Bassani and the Ark. The Bassani is a very deep tone and sounds great on the lower and upper end. I chose Ark because the craftsmanship is top notch the welds are perfect! Also the customer service is incredible. I dealt with Sean and he is probably one of the best guys I have ever worked with.

The packaging of the exhaust system was outstanding as well. This system is a true dual with an x pipe from the cats. The sound of the exhaust is amazing, slightly deeper tone and a great sound in the mid range and upper range. I added a Berk HFC to the system and it made the sound even deeper. The price was great as well.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I will just throw my cats back on for smog..
Originally Posted by 04_Beast
I wanna get art pipes but i dont wanna hassle with the illegal smogcheck i would have to get, CALI smog restrictions are a bitch. How do you Pass smog
?

Old 05-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Platelock
The HKS Hi-Power is a well made exhaust but I was dissapointed in how it sounded and am glad that I did not purchase it. The Motordyne exhaust IMO is one of the best sounding systems out there and the craftsmanship on it is incredible. The only complaint I have heard about the MD exhaust is how long it takes to get shipped out.

The exhaust that I am running is the Ark Performance Grip V2. I did a ton of research on what exhaust system to buy and listened to a bunch of different exhausts. I narrowed it down to the MD, Bassani and the Ark. The Bassani is a very deep tone and sounds great on the lower and upper end. I chose Ark because the craftsmanship is top notch the welds are perfect! Also the customer service is incredible. I dealt with Sean and he is probably one of the best guys I have ever worked with.

The packaging of the exhaust system was outstanding as well. This system is a true dual with an x pipe from the cats. The sound of the exhaust is amazing, slightly deeper tone and a great sound in the mid range and upper range. I added a Berk HFC to the system and it made the sound even deeper. The price was great as well.
Thank you soooooooo much for the input, can you post a video? and really give it some good revs please.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Experts, Help!! I Need to know what Exhaust to GET!!!!