Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Who has an aftermarket Y pipe and the Coupe Mid pipe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I_Got_EVO
Just a reminder to our viewers: SixFive had the best E.T. at the Atco g/z meet last June 25th. He's only 6' 4 and 1/2" though! 6/5, message me if you wanna meet on the Blue Route and wail on the Evo. I saw you drive, we can switch...steve
I wont be able to hear for a week if I get behind you in that coupe of yours...that thing is super loud with the pro 1 exhaust. I heard you guys in the parking lot at the Metroplex and thought it was a big block muscle car. I
doubt you had it over 1800 rpm and I was wowed...

by the way there was a coupe that had a 14.1 that day. I was the fastest sedan I believe. There were Z's with CAI's that day hitting 13.6 in the am runs. Imagine if the one stocker hadn't blown oil all over the track earlier.

Old 01-02-2005, 10:31 AM
My review of the Coupe Mid Pipe is all positive.

X-man tried to get under the car and remove the stock mid pipe but we had problems with the bolts being crapped up. I took it to a custom exhaust shop in Bridgeport PA and for 50 bucks they torched the bolts a bit and got them off and in 20 minutes I was good to go.

Love the sound. It took me 1 second to notice the difference. After it warms up, the idle is sweet. I love how when the car is in 4 and you let off the gas it drops into that 1300-1800 range where the "rumble" is. I get that gurgle more than ever when letting off the revs and love the sound when you push it. If my intake wasn't roaring, I'm sure the higher RPMs would indicate much improvement in sound as well. Overall the car sound like the 05 sedans with this mod and it makes a big difference for little $. The car sounds proper now. A bit M3 like maybe at idle?

Old 01-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by SixFive
My review of the Coupe Mid Pipe is all positive.

X-man tried to get under the car and remove the stock mid pipe but we had problems with the bolts being crapped up. I took it to a custom exhaust shop in Bridgeport PA and for 50 bucks they torched the bolts a bit and got them off and in 20 minutes I was good to go.

Love the sound. It took me 1 second to notice the difference. After it warms up, the idle is sweet. I love how when the car is in 4 and you let off the gas it drops into that 1300-1800 range where the "rumble" is. I get that gurgle more than ever when letting off the revs and love the sound when you push it. If my intake wasn't roaring, I'm sure the higher RPMs would indicate much improvement in sound as well. Overall the car sound like the 05 sedans with this mod and it makes a big difference for little $. The car sounds proper now. A bit M3 like maybe at idle?
Told 'ya so. I'm glad you like it!!!