Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

AFE Stage 2 or Injen?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2012 | 01:52 PM
|
AFE Stage 2 or Injen?

I was checking out Amazon and found these two products. Very comparable price, yet one is listed as Stage 2 and the other is simply a CAI. I was wondering if anyone had any input or recommendations that they found better for the money than either of these.

I have an '03 G35 Coupe with ZERO mods done to it at all yet.

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-01-2012 | 02:49 AM
Well the general consensus is that the revup airbox with a k&n (or other aftermarket stock-replacement drop in panel style filter) is the best setup for a stock/bolt-ons setup... for what you would spend on either one of those, you could get a motordyne plenum spacer and make a lot more power. the only difference in the revup air box and yours is the velocity stack inside afaik. you might be able to just buy that piece and add it on there. fwiw you arent gonna get a lot out of a DE with an intake. all the standard bolt ons and a tune, collectively might give you 30-35rwhp. any intake setup will account for less than 5 of that... most of the gains coming from intake manifold, tune and exhaust work. what r your goals?

Old 02-01-2012 | 06:58 PM
|
Not totally sure what I would like to fully accomplish. I think in the end I would like to get the twin turbo setup for it but that's in the far future. As of right now, just small add-ons and getting a new exhaust since there's a small leak in mine now. I actually just ordered a AEM cold-air intake for it. Any thoughts of doing that vs the K&N drop box with the z tube and pop charger? About the same price for everything but any noticeable differences? I also plan on prolly doing the spacer and getting new plenums as well.

Old 02-02-2012 | 12:56 AM
im sure the aem is fine. there is a thread on here called "dynoing out the myths..." where a third party dynoed most of the available intakes for the g35. id look at that... all things included, i doubt you can feel a difference from any of it unless your filter was really dirty before.

Old 02-02-2012 | 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by adfutballer071
Not totally sure what I would like to fully accomplish. I think in the end I would like to get the twin turbo setup for it but that's in the far future. As of right now, just small add-ons and getting a new exhaust since there's a small leak in mine now. I actually just ordered a AEM cold-air intake for it. Any thoughts of doing that vs the K&N drop box with the z tube and pop charger? About the same price for everything but any noticeable differences? I also plan on prolly doing the spacer and getting new plenums as well.
The main difference you will notice is sound. The best intakes for our car is stock rev-up box or Stillen airbox. Popcharger is good, but it gets heatsoaked.

I'm running a revup box with my setup I'm fully modded and my car runs low 13's.

I would get a revup box, exhaust, 5/16 spacer, ART pipes or HFC then a tune. If your not going FI for a while get 3.9 or 4.08 gears and hold on to your old diff until you go FI.

Last edited by Dsskyline; 02-02-2012 at 07:15 AM.