Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Megan racing test pipes or High flow cats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Megan racing test pipes or High flow cats?

So I am kinda new to modding and what not and I was wondering which was the best to get and what brand? First off I have a 2005 Infiniti g35x its a X which restricts me from modifying but in Canada I kinda need it ahaahha but anyways so I heard If i switch out the test pipes a CEL will come on and will leave a gasoline smell any truth to this? But i believe the Megan racing pipes gives off a nice roar?? I'm mainly looking for sound and performance. Now onto the the HFC which brand is the best?? How much should I be spending on new or used ones? Does it also give HP increase and nice sound?? My main problem is I don't want a CEL which gives me more problems and want more HP. Whoever can help much thanks to you in advance

Old 03-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The answer to your question has been posted about a thrillion times. Megan racing test pipes are a good choice since they have a flex joint. You get more of a "rasp" instead of a roar with testpipes and you get the smell as well when you punch it. Some vendors sell them with non-foulers which is a fix for your CEL light. If your looking for performance go this route.

HFC is the more "civilized" route if you will, no smell, no rasp, not as loud as test pipes, no CEL but less performance than that of a tespipe. It's more expensive than a tespipe as well. Get the Berk's HFC if you go this route.

Last edited by Bestswat; 03-13-2012 at 09:02 PM.