G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Intake & Exhaust (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust-23/)
-   -   injen true dual? or nismo s-tune (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust/407025-injen-true-dual-nismo-s-tune.html)

adman101 05-08-2012 06:44 PM

injen true dual? or nismo s-tune

i really like the true dual exhaust setups. the Injen has great sound IMO. The Nismo s-tune has the better sound but i don't like that its not true dual. I would get an HR Y-pipe to go on that. I know everyone is going to say save up and go Motordyne and I like It, but id like more of a higher sound but not ricy.

any advice??

.cakestar 05-08-2012 06:53 PM

+1 on s-tune

Algy 05-08-2012 11:12 PM

S-tune.

I have a M2Peformance HR y-pipe 3" that goes with my nismo. here is my sale thread

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...k-exhaust.html

Algy 05-08-2012 11:14 PM

One reason why I got the nismo bc of the sound. I felt like it sounded the best compared to all exhaust setups.

Motordyne is loud and has a unique sound to it, but very similar to all the other duals =\

As for Nismo, you cant honestly say there is an exhaust that sounds like it. Its very unique.

adman101 05-09-2012 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Algy (Post 6444511)
One reason why I got the nismo bc of the sound. I felt like it sounded the best compared to all exhaust setups.

Motordyne is loud and has a unique sound to it, but very similar to all the other duals =\

As for Nismo, you cant honestly say there is an exhaust that sounds like it. Its very unique.

thanks for the input Algy! I really like the sound to>> but is there any performance difference in the setup compared to true dual exhaust???

G35SHAWN 05-09-2012 03:57 PM

One of the biggest problem with Injen Ses is that it blows fiberglass, but rumor has it that problem has been fixed. Go with Tanabe touring best set up in my opinion.

Golden_Shower 05-09-2012 04:00 PM

I have the Injen Dual exhaust and it sound great but it hangs low, just recently took it off the car and went back to stock so i could go lower.

xx7sephiroth7xx 05-09-2012 04:23 PM

Injen SES also has a lot of in cabin drone.

MaDMaXX 05-09-2012 05:52 PM

The S-tune is an upgrade for the road, it is freer flowing than stock, but it's still a multi-chambered system.

It's marginally louder than stock with a good note, but performance is only marginally better than stock as well.
Bear in mind that the s-tune is also deep, so if you're after a higher pitched sound, maybe the injen would be more suited.
Though for power, the HR y-pipe is just a poor mans bandaid. It's not a fix for the problems with the stock y-pipes (poor merge collector and poor crush bends) I would suggest a MD XYZ pipe for the flow and benefits.

adman101 05-10-2012 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by MaDMaXX (Post 6445412)
The S-tune is an upgrade for the road, it is freer flowing than stock, but it's still a multi-chambered system.

It's marginally louder than stock with a good note, but performance is only marginally better than stock as well.
Bear in mind that the s-tune is also deep, so if you're after a higher pitched sound, maybe the injen would be more suited.
Though for power, the HR y-pipe is just a poor mans bandaid. It's not a fix for the problems with the stock y-pipes (poor merge collector and poor crush bends) I would suggest a MD XYZ pipe for the flow and benefits.

thanks everyone, I was thinking of the MD xyz also.... But my main question is how much of a diference is there between a single pipe exhaust (nismo) over a true dual exhaust (say MD, or invidia)????

MaDMaXX 05-10-2012 09:15 PM

There will be more power available from the MD over the s-tune, a multi-chambered setup is always more restrictive.

gary c 05-11-2012 10:45 AM

Here's my vote, "None of the Above!" From the choices here there hasn't been any research done on the subject of best exhaust or best sound resulting in the most RWHP for your $$. Google "Motordyne!"
Gary

adman101 05-11-2012 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by gary c (Post 6447371)
Here's my vote, "None of the Above!" From the choices here there hasn't been any research done on the subject of best exhaust or best sound resulting in the most RWHP for your $$. Google "Motordyne!"
Gary

haha i agree! but i dont feel like spending 1500 dollars yet. although i could go through the marketplace when im ready to purchase. how come when i try to post a WTB thread it says i dont have sufficient privileges? what do I do

MaDMaXX 05-11-2012 11:20 PM

Marketplace is a good start, or just start saving, as for the privileges, make sure you're not doing it in the vendor section.

Th3R3dStar323 05-12-2012 04:58 AM

you need at least 100 post to do that adman101