Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

ARK exhaust review/ opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ARK exhaust review/ opinion

First off I will begin with saying I have a 06 MT G35 COUPE. I really wanted to get a new cat back exhaust and I started looking at ARK GRIP because of the sound which it has and some gains in the power. I was very worried at first about buying it because other members have posted up saying how there is fitment problems while installing the system. I called ARK [ (909) 590-1275 Talked to Edwin who was a big help] about the concerns which I had about installation and they have said that they resolved it. He said that the only problem which I may run into would be that I would need to shave the flange little bit. I ordered that cat back on the spot and it came in about 2 days later. Very fast and packaged very well.

The welds were done very well, no complains at all and all the pieces looked great. Online they said that installation would take around 40 min online, but it took me longer then that. (I did it with my friend and it took about 3 hours )

The installation itself was very proper. EVERYTHING FIT PERFECTLY. I did not shave anything or do any unnecessary work. They exhaust was level on both sides ( some members said that passenger side is lower than drivers) and when I turned it on it sounded amazing. I was very impressed and pleased with my buy. It sounds like a deeper and louder version of the stock exhaust and I have gotten a lot of compliments with it.

While driving you can hear very little drone if any. In the cabin it is not too loud to annoy the passenger and one can have a conversation without the exhaust being to loud. I could defiantly say that I have felt a difference in the performance in the car. They told me it would add about 8- 10 hp and i read somewhere it adds +13 torque which one does feel.

Overall great cat back exhaust which looks amazing and sounds sick. Installation, I had no problems whats so ever and one does feel a gain in power. I would recommend this to a friend.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey Gride650 thanks for the post! Glad everything worked out for you! Post up some pictures if you can!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That's awesome man, congrats on the new exhaust! Definitely want to hear a video and see some pics!