Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Clogged PCV hose?

Old 12-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clogged PCV hose?

I'm wondering if the OEM PCV hose (passenger side) is supposed to restrict the amount of air it passes through or if mine was clogged? When i changed out my hoses with Z1 silicone hoses I noticed the OEM was very restricted and the Z1 was wide open.

What's interesting is that i felt an improvement in throttle response after swapping out my vacuum hoses. I did a few other things, so I can't pinpoint what exactly helped with my car bogging down low. If the OEM hose is indeed supposed to be unrestricted, I was being robbed of power from this clog.

I suggest you take a look at the hose coming off the plenum into the battery area (goes to brake booster). This could help someone tracking down a hesitation in the lower RPMS.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
That's not your PCV hose it's part of the braking system it's a check valve that makes it easier for you to brake. It even states on the Z1 site to put the check valve into the new hose prior to installation.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by coffeysm
That's not your PCV hose it's part of the braking system it's a check valve that makes it easier for you to brake. It even states on the Z1 site to put the check valve into the new hose prior to installation.
Yeah op you will need that to keep air from leaving the booster. It makes your braking way easier, and could risk a crash if it doesn't operate as intended. Careful.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good looking out. Glad I asked. I missed that in the instructions.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:42 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
i dont recommend silicone hose for the pcv . the hose will start to have oil residue on the hose thats my experience

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.