Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Please help, broke oem Z-tube

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please help, broke oem Z-tube

So this happened today after i unboxed my brand new OEM z-tube. Hooked the hose up to the little piece and went to install it, thing snapped off immediately with almost no pressure.

Got really mad and immediately went to epoxy it. Big mistake because obviously nissan wont take anything back thats been modified. So now im stuck with it.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how i can fix it, its brand new. I tried epoxying it and let it cure for 6 hours...it broke again the same way.

Any suggestions would be great.

Attached Thumbnails Please help, broke oem Z-tube-image-9-.jpeg   Please help, broke oem Z-tube-image-8-.jpeg   Please help, broke oem Z-tube-image-7-.jpeg  
The following users liked this post:
Fastmodz (04-03-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 12:02 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
I would try super glue on the mating surfaces of the broken part, make sure it bonds in the same position it is supposed to be in. Then reinforce all around it with epoxy. Epoxy should hold pretty well, people use it to seal radiators sometimes!

Old 03-29-2017, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
You'll find a consumer product, ABS plastic weld, or something, at most auto parts stores. This melts down the ABS plastic and bonds the two pieces together like new.

Don't use epoxy or super glue for ABS plastics, it simply doesn't work.

Another option is to plastic weld the two pieces back together, the abs kit is easier though!

Old 03-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
You'll find a consumer product, ABS plastic weld, or something, at most auto parts stores. This melts down the ABS plastic and bonds the two pieces together like new.

Don't use epoxy or super glue for ABS plastics, it simply doesn't work.

Another option is to plastic weld the two pieces back together, the abs kit is easier though!
Hey, thanks for the info. Having a little bit of a hard time finding the product youre talking about, got any more info on that?

Old 03-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not at home so I can't post links easily, but look up "Devcon Structural Adhesive ABS."

Old 03-29-2017, 04:28 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
This might be what Urban was talking about. I found it at my local Walmart a while back and it worked very well.

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-29-2017, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

That would likely be available at a local parts store good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.