Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Broken exhaust manifold heat shield bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broken exhaust manifold heat shield bolts

I was replacing my head gaskets and when I went to remove the exhaust manifold heat shield bolts ( 4X10mm bolts each side) to get the shields off I broke two off on the passenger side (top and bottom front two bolts). I'm trying to weigh my options and would like some suggestions.

1. Run with 2 of the 4 bolts on pass side. Prob lead to rattling heat shield. Thoughts?
2. Take entire manifold out and use screw extractor to remove broken bolts. Trying to avoid this due to the hours of labor involved.
3. Run without heat shield. I know they are there for a reason so that begs the question of what needs to be protected from the heat if they are removed and how?
4. Buy another used manifold and forget about using screw extractor. Again requires complete removal of manifold which I'm trying to avoid.
5. Any other suggestions to remove these bolts while the manifold is still installed?

thanks for any help!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.