Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)
View Poll Results: NISMO CAI Vs. INJEN CAI ???
NISMO Cold Air Intake
37.35%
INJEN Cold Air Intake
62.65%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

NISMO CAI Vs. INJEN CAI !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went w/Injen since it's been dyno proven. Not just by the manufacturer, but also from other people, including a head-to-head dyno w/the AEM aka Nismo.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
still, intake for our car can only provide so much hp, maybe 5hp to the wheel at most. most people probably get the CAI because it looks nice, i highly doubt you can feel 5 hp difference.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:25 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
I went w/Injen since it's been dyno proven. Not just by the manufacturer, but also from other people, including a head-to-head dyno w/the AEM aka Nismo.

I would like to say a few things here.

1) Injen has been dyno proven on dynos that it actually looses low end power.

2) Stillen intake is a safe, but a full fledge CAI and has been tested not just by the manufacture but by many people who own it. It has been proven time and time again.

3) The Injen has been known to cause problems with the car dieing and check engine lights.

Triple, please show me where this dyno you speak up.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:27 PM
so would a z tube and stillen airbox with filter work good or does stillen provide an intake pipe with the kit?..I want power and sound from an intake

Last edited by ratedxmarcel; 10-26-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i would wait on the Z-tube...you might like the sound you have and save $75 in the process

Old 10-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Z tube and k&n? anyone test that yet? or Z tube and the stillen box with cone filter?

Old 10-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
Originally Posted by ratedxmarcel
Z tube and k&n? anyone test that yet? or Z tube and the stillen box with cone filter?
Anyone test? Heck, over half the website uses this setup!

Old 10-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
I would like to say a few things here.

1) Injen has been dyno proven on dynos that it actually looses low end power.

2) Stillen intake is a safe, but a full fledge CAI and has been tested not just by the manufacture but by many people who own it. It has been proven time and time again.

3) The Injen has been known to cause problems with the car dieing and check engine lights.

Triple, please show me where this dyno you speak up.
so you saying http://www.stillen.com/Sportscars_de...d=43127&page=1 thats the best way? and thats what you have?

Old 10-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Yep! Several times in fact. Installed the Z-tube & "drop-in" K&N filter, then the Stillen CAI. Back and forth several times. Un-insulated and thermally insulated. Hot weather and cold weather. With K&N conical air filter and the JWT open end conical filter. Lots of dyno-butt, G-tech and a few real world runs.

Posted the results... Stillen & JWT uninsulated and insulated. GSedan35 also tested his modified K&N 350Z Typhoon system and posted his results.

A seach may still be able to find these threads & posts.

Old 10-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Each group claims their mod (A, B, C) works because the "data" supports it and the other groups dispute it......yet no one ever posts up any data to show this (dynos, real 1/4 miles). It's all heresay. It's just a bad habit that will never seem to be broken on this site because no one seeks the truth and are just too willing to trust the butt-dyno of a complete stranger.

Classic G35driver.com.....

Old 10-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Some do and publish the results.

Some show up late to the party and proclaim they're the G35 educational experts and anything anyone else has previously learned, tested and shared is invalid. A news flash... there are others with 8 years plus VQ experience and maybe have access to more/better information than some others.

I just broke a personal rule--some people just aren't worth 30 seconds of your time and I spent a minute on one.

Last edited by DaveO; 10-28-2005 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:41 PM
neither....Z tube and pop charger or Z tube with stillen airbox with filter both proven to make more power than stupid CAI and you wont have to worry about hyrdo lock with out a stupid CAI

Old 10-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
neither....Z tube and pop charger or Z tube with stillen airbox with filter both proven to make more power than stupid CAI and you wont have to worry about hyrdo lock with out a stupid CAI
I'm not sure what your point is in this statement.........

Old 10-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Ahh go ahead and buy the injen and lose HP.
the injen doesnt make you lose horsepower!

there are 100 dynos all around that prove it gains hp

just do a search

i have it and i love it

Old 10-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveO
Some do and publish the results.

Some show up late to the party and proclaim they're the G35 educational experts and anything anyone else has previously learned, tested and shared is invalid. A news flash... there are others with 8 years plus VQ experience and maybe have access to more/better information than some others.

I just broke my personal rule and am done with this subject.
I guess I'm of the belief that G-Tech runs aren't truely definitive proof. I've used G-Techs at the track and it's my opinion they're a POS. The track's Compulink says 14.3-14.4@99mph and the G-tech would say 14.0-14.2@102mph. I know the reason the traps are off, but ETs are way too optimistic. The ETs also varied wildly depending on how violent the launch was.

As for dynos, they're a good test. People just need to be aware that VQ's can show a 3-5 whp/wtq differences throughout the powerbands on back to back runs with no changes to the car as personnally witnessed on a ton of Maximas/Altimas and a friend's 03 G35. In the wrong hands, that 3-5whp/wtq change can be incorrectly chaulked up to "mod X made 5whp/wtq more than stock!!!!". Things need to be averaged before making claims. A Stillen intake could possibly make 6 whp above 6000rpms, but it may loose 5whp from 3000-5500rpms. On paper the car has more power, but on a track it will probably be slower.

Just curious (doubt I'll get a response), how do you have 8+ years of VQ experience? The VQ was introduced to the global market in 1995 as a 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, and 3.0 turbo. In the US, we only got the VQ30 and it remained solely a Maxima engine until it was offered as a 3.5 in the Pathfinder derived trucks and then the 3rd gen Altima and 5th gen Maxima in 02. It showed up in RWD passenger cars in 03 with intro of FM platform. The only differences between the FWD VQ35 and non-REVup RWD VQ35 are the intake/exhaust manifolds, ECU programming, and the accessory layout. They're the same block, heads, cams, etc and the overall architure and flow bench characteristics are very close to the orginal 1st gen VQs. It's largely a modular engine and it makes sense because Nissan, like most companies, is hell bent on parts bin sharing. Hell, the VQ30 heads simply bolt up to 3.5 block. On the dyno, the RWD 03-04 VQ35 with the better flowing intake manifold and tubular style exhaust manifolds typically see 230whp@6200rpms on a Dynojet. The FWD VQ35 sees 215whp@5900rpms. Both hit fuel cut at 6,600 and the RWD VQs typically hold on to more power as the rpms hang above 6000rpms. In the lower rpms, the powerbands are bascially identical.

The points to this are:

A) You must have owned a Maxima if you truely do have more than 4 years VQ experience That is of course assuming you weren't an employee of Nissan's Formula race program back in the early 1990s.

II) What applies to the g35, can very much apply to bascially any other VQ motor.

Sect C, subpart II.a) The G35 does not possess magical powers. It's VQ35 doesn't not behave wildly different from any other VQ on the market as some would like to believe. I've data logged my G and I see nothing special happening. It looks exactly like any other VQ data I've logged. It behaves the same in the heat, cold, humid air, etc. Same goes for it's track performance. If there's anything special about the RWD VQ35 in the FM chassis over the FWD VQ35s, it's the intake and exhaust manifolds. The RWD VQ fixed plane intake manifold and tubular exhaust manifolds have better flow characteristics than the variable capacity intake manifold and cast log-style exhaust manifolds.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: NISMO CAI Vs. INJEN CAI !!!!!!!!!!!!!