Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

BEST INTAKE FOR SEDAN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEST INTAKE FOR SEDAN

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT INTAKE SYSTEM WOULD BE THE BEST FOR A SEDAN, I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT THE STILLEN IS THE BEST.

Old 07-28-2003, 03:49 PM
IQ9
Re: BEST INTAKE FOR SEDAN

The jury is still out so hold tight and we should have some answers soon. I was the test sedan for 7/28 dyno shootout held by the owners of this site Strictly Z. There will be a bunch of info posted on the Stillen Box. I am learning from it,so keep your money in the bank and let us give you a full review when we have completed it.

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Prem/Winter/Aero/Tint/Rims
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 07-28-2003, 08:24 PM

IQ9,

WHEN?

So far it hasn't been on Monday as promised!

Old 07-29-2003, 12:31 AM

Was Injen tested?

It's still a G thang!!

Old 07-29-2003, 12:31 PM

IQ9 - looking forward to this one. But, just to clarify, was the testing done with Stillen's Cold Air Intake (CAI) or Stillen's High Flow Cold Air Box (CAB)? Seems like many confuse the two. Thanks.

Old 07-29-2003, 02:50 PM

The factory intake with a 350Z intake tube, with a diffrent flat filter is the best and the cheapest. Our car does not really benefit right know from more air, maybe in the future.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Re: GILOVEMYCAR

My car benefits from INjen quite alot actually - you just have to reset the ecu - most injen and stillen buyers agree - just reset and noise and power increases. I think most intake owners will not agree to above statement.

Trending Topics

Old 07-29-2003, 04:23 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

e: BEST INTAKE FOR SEDAN [re: dholly]

GIlovemycar (member)
07/29/03 11:50 AM

The factory intake with a 350Z intake tube, with a different flat filter is the best and the cheapest. Our car does not really benefit right know from more air, maybe in the future.
__________________________________________________ _

I think I see where your going, but your not addressing the point that it's possible that the CAI's may in fact bring colder air to the engine, that alone makes more power. And
I missed they dyno comparo against aftermarket CAI's that proves you statement of fact. Point is, asking the question "Best intake for the sedan" will draw nothing by replies where the best one will be nothing more than who states their OPINION most convincingly. I don't think anyone has bought a intake based on factually knowing the one they got is the best. Gut feelings rule the day. My gut, told me the Injen was the best for the money. But would I say it's the best without proof, no I wouldn't.

Ivry 6mt sed
Injen CAI, 22" resonator
8X18 Enkei RPM2 45mm
Kumho MX 245/40
350Z springs&struts

Old 07-29-2003, 04:37 PM

There is now doubt in my mind that the Injen CAI brings in cold air, but once it does bring in cold air the car doesn't know what to do with it. I am only giving my opinion, and it is based on me having 3 diffrent intakes including my factory one. AEM, Injen and the modified factory intake. Injen is by far the best looking and sounding, but as far as driving and feel stock is best for me, I really noticed a difference when I put the Crawford Plenum on, there was just to much air with the CAI know that I have switched to the factory the car really runs 110% better. Know this may only be because of the plenum but once again this is only my opinion.

Old 07-30-2003, 04:06 PM
IQ9

To everyone SORRY FOR THE DELAY, We are still working out the details with Stillen as they were interested in our independent test. The box is the High Flow. The ECU currently(wednesday) seems to have fully learned that: yes indeed, that is one large gulp of air and yes you my use it[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I like the box it has a terrific wail.Like get the *** outta the way biznitch. The butt dyno says its getting better-freeway passing is godlike. All they hear is a hiss then a wail and I'm gone. Off the line is nice but the revs come faster and you have to retrain yourself on the shifts-I have not done a run with the VDC off. I will do that tonite and see what comes of it[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] I really can't say much more but when I get the green light you will all know. PLEASE wait to buy an intake until after we are allowed to release the results. I may also be testing the Crawford Z plenum and Injen exhaust so we'll see what the guys at Strictly Z can cook up in the way of a good sedan package.

Old 07-30-2003, 06:56 PM

IQ9 (Gfreak)
07/30/03 01:06 PM
I may also be testing the Crawford Z plenum and Injen exhaust so we'll see what the guys at Strictly Z can cook up in the way of a good sedan package.

Injen exhaust, HUH!? I've never heard of them doing any other application other than the coupe or Z, web site doesn't list a sedan application either. Is this something that in R&D? Were talking about the SES system, right? My crawford arrives next wed (grin).

Ivry 6mt sed
Injen CAI, 22" resonator
8X18 Enkei RPM2 45mm
Kumho MX 245/40
350Z springs&struts

Old 07-30-2003, 07:14 PM

GIlovemycar (member)
07/29/03 01:37 PM

There is now doubt in my mind that the Injen CAI brings in cold air, but once it does bring in cold air the car doesn't know what to do with it.

The point is "if" the injen's air is colder, not talking about how much air is being delivered over the needs of the throttle body. Cold air is denser than hot air, therefore more Oxygen to burn per stroke. That equates to more power. Also bends, tube length, and pipe diameter are key components to maintaining throttle response and optimum gains between horsepower and torque, (least that's what I've heard). Btw, thanks for the comments on the crawford, mine arrives in a few days.

Ivry 6mt sed
Injen CAI, 22" resonator
8X18 Enkei RPM2 45mm
Kumho MX 245/40
350Z springs&struts

Old 07-30-2003, 08:11 PM
IQ9

Like I said...oops...too much[img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img] I can't say anymore right now. They're gonna kill me...can I hide at your house[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the K&N FAI. I have that installed on my car and it kicks ***. i think its time for a ECU reset though. also hoping to add the stillen high flow box to my intake setup to maximize cold air. so pretty much it'll be the K&N tube, K&N filter, and Stillen box. wanna test this too? someone please donate a stillen box.

Old 07-31-2003, 02:31 AM
IQ9

Mine was pure luck and being in the area where the owners of this site happen to be. Yuichi is working on making the sedan a real fighter and I'm happy to help but ouch on the wallet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BEST INTAKE FOR SEDAN