Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

*HKS Intake*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
It should fit because the coupe and sedan use the same exact intake tract.

I had an HKS intake on my 96 Maxima. It was nice and made a great sound. Just some things to keep in mind:

1) The HKS intake pipe is metal therefore it will heat soak badly
2) The filter is exposed to engine heat, specifically the radiator to the right. None of this is good for power.
3) The stock intake already flows more than enough air for the VQ35
4) HKS filters ($18 ea) require replacement about twice a year
5) HKS filters are the highest flowing filters out there, but at the expense of reduced filtering ability due to the porocity of the filter media.

Last edited by DaveB; 12-08-2005 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
It should fit because the coupe and sedan use the same exact intact tract.
Fitting isnt the concern, its more of the chassis mounting points for the brackets being in the same locations...

Old 12-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Finally recieved my HKS intake, except one problem............ They send me the wrong kit, instead of G35 coupe..i got the one for Mazda Rx8 Even the invoice they send has the correct model number, however i guess they accidently send the wrong box. Thanks god i looked at the model number before opening the box..Hopefully i can take care this mess tomm... Anyways here is a pic of the wrong kit

Old 12-08-2005, 08:16 PM
man that sucks... the same thing happened to me when I ordered my CAI, they sent me one for a 98 maxima... Got everything squared away, they 2nd day aired me the correct one and had DHL pick up the wrong package from me the following morning...

You may want to at least open it and see if it has just been repackaged... Sometimes people recycle boxes... They wont fault you for opening the wrong package.

Last edited by cup0spam; 12-08-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by cup0spam
man that sucks... the same thing happened to me when I ordered my CAI, they sent me one for a 98 maxima... Got everything squared away, they 2nd day aired me the correct one and had DHL pick up the wrong package from me the following morning...

You may want to at least open it and see if it has just been repackaged... Sometimes people recycle boxes... They wont fault you for opening the wrong package.
I know bro, you definetly got a point there, i was bit suspicious maybe they repacked it in the wrong box, but then again this thing is totally sealed up. O'well i'll just waite untill tomm to, see what's the real deal.

-Shawn

Old 12-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Who did you order the kit from? Im assuming it was from an HKS dealer or another retailer. If so, I would check with retailer asap. What is marked on the outside of the box, is whats going to be inside the box...so its not a mispacking issue.

Originally Posted by G35SHAWN
Finally recieved my HKS intake, except one problem............ They send me the wrong kit, instead of G35 coupe..i got the one for Mazda Rx8 Even the invoice they send has the correct model number, however i guess they accidently send the wrong box. Thanks god i looked at the model number before opening the box..Hopefully i can take care this mess tomm... Anyways here is a pic of the wrong kit

Old 12-08-2005, 10:45 PM
intense motorsports?? one of the few forum sponsors i know who sells this kit??

Old 12-08-2005, 10:51 PM
It was a authorized HKS dealer...Yeah, **** happens i just gotta get them to exchange the kit, hope i don't have to pay for shipping.....The only sad part is i thought tomm i was gonna drive down to HIN with my intake installed...looks like thats not gonna happen...

Old 12-09-2005, 12:40 AM
THE BATMOBILE
sorry to hear...........see you at HIN

Old 12-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Aww thats sux!!! But hope everything will turns out well

Old 12-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Ok....Finally this afternoon i got my HKS racing suction kit installed, by Roger at JapTrix Racing. Over all it took him roughly 45 mins to have it done. The only problem we ran into was the heatshield which was a pain in the ***, for a minute we were thinking about doing a minor cutting the heat sheild in order to get a better clearence..but the guys at *** -trix they like to take there time, & with little patience we finally manage to put the heat shield without doing any cutting/ shaving what so, ever.

Now as far as the sound of the intake, i must say it sounds so sweet i mean it's nothing like Injen, or Nismo CAI. In another words the tone is very deep kind of like having FI but, no too loud. The best part is the performance my car feels so, smooth what really got me surprised it gives a very noticeable power gain, with each rpm you can definetly feel the power. Over all at this point i am very happy with this kit. Do, i recommend this kit to other?? Absolutly.....

-Shawn

Old 12-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Glad you like the intake, shawn. Post some pics of it in your car for everyone to see?

Old 12-16-2005, 11:07 PM
What's up Ian, i am working on it bro.. pics will be up soon.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
glad u like it bro, got my appointment at japtrix on wed at 1pm. if ur not doing anything do u wanna come w/?

Old 12-17-2005, 02:19 AM
THE BATMOBILE
good to hear everything worked out ok...........sounds great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.