Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

does exhaust avoid dealer waranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does exhaust avoid dealer waranty?

i want to an exhaust installed on my sedan will it avoid warranty?

Old 08-27-2003, 11:09 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: does exhaust avoid dealer waranty?

G35psycho, According to my dealer, adding an exhaust doesn't void your warranty provided it's installed properly.
To be safe, I had my dealer install my Borla TD on my Coupe. The technician was experienced and the work was done in about an hour. Cheap insurance, and besides, he had a nice hoist.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 08-27-2003, 11:27 PM

well i just picked up my sedan on the 3rd of july. its a lease so i wanted to do a few upgrades such as an exhaust. imgoing to call my dealer and see what they say. do you know if greddy has an exhaust fo the sedan?

Old 08-28-2003, 12:20 AM

YES greddy makes one... you can get it shipped for around $500

the greddy evolution

Friends don't let friends drive stock

Old 08-28-2003, 12:56 AM

yea but will this exhaust avoid waranty. i just want a section exhaust.

Old 08-28-2003, 04:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought modding leased vehicles was a big no-no? I don't lease but I used to sell rides and we didn't allow that, at Nissan anyway...GReddy makes an exhaust kit, but there are better ones out there, in my humble opinion...They make great engine components, I don't care for their exhaust...I'm running Invidia, but Top Secret has a nice kit too...VeilSide's is supposed to be pretty nice, too...

"All the Power in the World resides in the Eyes..."

Old 08-28-2003, 07:59 AM

Yea, As far as I know you cant mod a lease unless if you know you will be buying it out at the lease end. Not even tint! In that case it makes more sense to buy it outright.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:13 PM

but i see most sectiond exhausts are bolt on. how can that avoid warranty? yea i should have bought but at the momonet all i did was want the car whatever which way.

Old 08-28-2003, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will void the warranty on the exhaust. IF they can prove you did it. Just keep the stock parts and put them back on if you got to go to the dealer.

IF on the other hand you start messing with the cats, then you void (not AVOID) the warranty on the emissions system, which covers things like fuel tank, ECU (1000.00 plus right there), injectors, Catalytic converters, etc

This you will definitely want to keep stock stuff around for , even going so far as to check for paint marks and alignment marks when you take it apart. That way you can put it back just the way it was

But on the bright side, anything from cat back you will void the warranty on the exhaust only (muffler, resonator, and piping) so who freaking cars. You will probably purchase one with a lifetime warranty of itself.

For more information on your right to mod (not just a privilege) search for "magnuson-ross act". On a leased vehicle make sure you read your agreement and keep you stock parts just in case.

Better Life thru Chemistry

Old 08-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How does the warranty work on a lease? In all my time selling rides I never had to deal with a lease...If you void something do they take back the vehicle or penalize you? Or is it just dependent on the terms of the contract and therefore subjective to whatever the dealership has decided?

"All the Power in the World resides in the Eyes..."

Old 08-28-2003, 10:33 PM

if u void warantyo a lese at the end of the lease u have to by the car outright. thats so beat

Old 08-30-2003, 01:19 PM

I just bought a coupe (2004 Twilight Blue, great color) and am considering different exhausts. I think that anything but Stillen can void the warranty. I have the dealer checking on it.
Almost any mods on a lease are not allowed. Be prepeared to return the car to factory stuff or buy it outright.

Old 08-30-2003, 06:30 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

mod'ing your exhaust will void your exhaust warranty...

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust

Old 08-30-2003, 08:04 PM

FYI....my 2000 Maxima SE was on lease for 3 years and I had all the windows done, some clips installed for cell phone mounts, and a custom intake CAI...the lease inspector said nothing...they don't even start your car so they would never know the exhaust is not stock unless the pipe(s) are all different at the exit location....When I leased my G35 I told the Salesman I already ordered the CAI from Frankencar and he said I could do an exhaust, etc...I know he's the salesman, but if he ever wants me to release through him in 3 years he shouldn't be slinging sh*t my way...I wouldn't worry unless you start throwing a turbo, No2, or a blower on the car regarding leasing IMHO.

John
03.5 G35 14.8 @ 93
02 Maxima SE 14.5 @ 95 (Wife's)
87 Mustang GT 13.2 @ 107

Old 08-31-2003, 02:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't void your exhaust warranty, it just doesn't transfer to the aftermarket exhaust system. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] And since the OEM exhaust isn't likely to break down and need repairs while it's sitting on your garage shelf....

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: does exhaust avoid dealer waranty?