Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Which one should I get.
NISMO
44.64%
TOP SECTET
29.46%
GREDDY
12.50%
GIALLA LIP(requires new OEM bumper)
13.39%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

After market bumper!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:24 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
After market bumper!!!!!!

I got a q for all of you who have some kind of after market bumper on their G.

I'm getting very close to putting one one. Still kinda busy with business and all....Not enough time to mess with a car, but my schedule is getting a little less dense lately so I'll be able to make some changes to my G

Here is my dilemma.

I have narrowed it down to few bumpers and a lip.

1'st Choice is NISMO.............I like this bumper cuz it's keeps original bumpers look and at the same time makes a G look more aggressive. I don't like it cuz it is not as low as other bumpers and looks kinda high off the ground when it's on the car, so it requires a little more drop then other bumpers do. I don't want to drop it too low if I don't have to (cuz of my driving)

2nd Choice is Top Secret.........I like it cuz it sits low enough to the ground and looks kinda ok too. Don't like it cuz of the huge vent in the middle that will look good when there is an intercooler covering it. I'm not planing to go FI anytime soon, so that hole is an issue for me

3rd Choice is GReddy............Like it for a same reason as Top Secret (sits low enough) Don't like it also for a same reason as Top Secret (big vent in the middle that needs to be covered by intercooler in order to look good)

4th Choise is a Gialla front LIP..........Like it cuz of the looks pretty much, but it also has a same problem NISMO bumper does......Does not go too low to the ground. But in my case if I'm getting a lip I have to get bumper as well cuz mine is cracked and needs to be replaced. So maybe getting after market bumper is a better choice for me.

So all that bring us to the next Q. Bumper that comes from the factory has a plastic cover that comes from the underneath of the bumper to the engine. This covers the hole between the bumper cover and the car it self......If I am to put after market bumper on the car which is going to be lower and diff shape then stock bumper, then that plastic cover will not fit there no more.....To those of you that have AM bumpers on their cars.......Did you cover that hole, or did you just leave it like that?

AND a poll!

Give me your thoughts on my choices, or suggest your own.

Oh by the way.........I am going to need a new bumper one way or the other cuz mine is cracked.

Last edited by JOKER; 05-27-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nismo is my fav, with the CF inserts and the full kit on ( rear aprons, diffuser, and sides ) it's the bet looking kit around I think. I would second the Top Secret, nice kit too but way way overpriced I think... If you have the money to throw on this I would suggest going widebody.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Nismo!

Looks awesome. Somewhat like OEM, but longer.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
nismo is nice, but played out.

top secret is getting to be common, but definitely a hot bumper.

you'l need to get skirts for the greddy.

my vote is for the gialla lip. not a whole lotta people have it. mold it on your new bumper and it will be clean!

Old 05-27-2007, 05:12 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
^yeah....Lip looks more and more like and opting I'd go with

Old 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
nismo is nice, but played out.

top secret is getting to be common, but definitely a hot bumper.

you'l need to get skirts for the greddy.

my vote is for the gialla lip. not a whole lotta people have it. mold it on your new bumper and it will be clean!
I never really understood why people state this and that are too common/played out. No offense Cal... im sure you'll understand my statement.

It's just that, in a regular basis, how often do we see common mods such as a Nismo front bumper or a very popular wheel in the street?

Even in L.A, although I see a ton of G's, too many actually, I hardly ever see a [visually] modded coupe. That makes the chances of having a popular mod here in G35driver.com even more rare.

It might seem trendy/too popular here, but in reality (the streets), its as unique as any other popular mod here in G35driver.com.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I would say KurumaZ...

I have a KurumaZ and a Authentic Top Secret bumper. The KurumaZ is much more durable since it is poly where as a fiberglass bumper will crack and gouge with the smallest kiss on a parking stop.

With the KurumaZ you can bump a parking stop, back up and not really notice where you kissed it at.

and you "will" kiss a parking stop now and then with a lower bumper.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Brian
Yeah, but Triji, then he'd have the same bumper as us, and that's no good!

Old 05-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
idk i like nismo the best because its not so low

Old 05-28-2007, 02:41 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Kuruma Z is completely off the list. I absolutely hate that bumper. Too boring for me.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:08 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
I guess it depends on whether you got side skirts and a rear perhaps.... cuz I think the Greddy and Top Secret are too wild to be on the car by theyselves.. they need a full kit... on the other hand if you get the Nismo, you can easily pull it off without any skirts or rear.. like me! heh.... and also, I dont understand why the prices of lips alone are almost the same as the bumpers..... I would never get a lip for $350 knowing a whole fresh new bumper is $50 more

Old 05-28-2007, 06:46 PM
THE BATMOBILE
gialla for sure......be different

Old 06-12-2007, 02:37 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
So it is decided, I'm getting a NISMO

So who can tell me if I'll be able to attach plastic cover from OEM bumper to the NISMO bumper. Or do I have to come up with something else to put there.

I'm talking about the piece that goes underneath the bumper.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
So it is decided, I'm getting a NISMO

So who can tell me if I'll be able to attach plastic cover from OEM bumper to the NISMO bumper. Or do I have to come up with something else to put there.

I'm talking about the piece that goes underneath the bumper.
when i had the poly nismo bumper, the it fell a couple inches to short to use the stock bolts that are needed to hold it on. some people fabricated some sort of extension, i used zipties.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Boo!!! Go with the Gialla, if i had money' i'd go that route

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: After market bumper!!!!!!