Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Unsightly Color and Residue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unsightly Color and Residue

I have an '03 sedan and I just recently removed the G35 emblem from the rear left of the car. After I took it off, I realized that the where it used to be is now very sun bleached as well as some sticky residue remained. I put some goo gone on a towel and did my best to remove the residue, but some still is there. Also, how can I make it look the same color as the car, do I use touch up paint? I kindof regret doing it but I already did it and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Old 07-19-2007, 08:43 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
do not use touch up paint. start off by using the goo gone and a soft cloth and get off all the sticky stuff it will take a little while. Then use some scratch x to remove the scratches in that area If you have access to a high speed buffer use some compound, then polish to get the best results

Old 07-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Dont worry about it... the Paint under the emblems will fade son enough... and with the residue... wat i did was rubbed the goo gone into it with my finger and scratched it off with what little nails i have.. It will come out if you're patient.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But it seems like the leftover residue is actually below the regular surface of the paint coat, so there is no way to scratch it off since it is already at a lower height. I guess I will just have to go to a shop and get the bumper repainted...