Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I Need Opinions About NISMO Body Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Need Opinions About NISMO Body Kit

I really would love to order the body-kit that is being sold on Japanparts.com but it is freakin expensive. Since anyone is able to order the parts of the kit seperately I am thinking I may not order the whole thing. This is where I need all of your opinions. I am thinking that I want to order the front ground efect, the rear ground effect and possibly the wing. I don't think I am going to order the sideskirts. What do all of you think. Will the car look weird if I do not have the sideskirts or do you think I can get away with it looking nice with just the rear and front ground kit with the wing also. I appreciate your opinions.

Old 02-17-2003, 10:39 AM
Re: I Need Opinions About NISMO Body Kit

Personally, I think the car will look wierd with any of that stuff on it. But, if I were going to go piece meal route, I think I would avoid doing the rear areo extensions without doing the sideskirts at the same time. The car will definitely look odd with just those pontoons sticking off the back of it.

Old 02-17-2003, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the opinion. I didn't want to go witht he front ground effect and the rear side skirt things. I wanted to go with the front ground effect and big rear ground effect. The rear finisher as they call it on the website. I am concerned it will look odd with just the front ground effect and the big rear finisher. What dyout hink about that.

Old 02-17-2003, 10:54 AM

I think that might be ok if you get them painted to match your car. The rear diffuser looks nothing more than a lip extensiosn. I'm not sure you would notice it.

The side skirts look like the OEM skirts with bigger flares. I guess my biggest hangup is the rear wing. I just thing the G is one of those cars like a Corvette or 360 Modena, or Jag, or BMW that just doesn't look good with a wing.

But, its all about what you like. So, I think just the front and rear would be fine. Who knows, after I saw them on the car painted, I might like them.

Old 02-17-2003, 02:06 PM

why do you think the car would look weird with the nismo body kit?
i happen to think it gives it a more sporty look. the kit is well suited to the car.. it doesn't make it stick out like a sore thumb, but when you see it, u know there's something different.

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 02-17-2003, 02:18 PM

I don't think it will look weird with the NISMO kit. I don't want to order the enitre kit. I just want to order the front underbody spoiler and the rear underbody spoiler, also I wanted to order the Wing. I was worried that it may look wierd with only those three pieces rather than the whole kit.

Old 02-17-2003, 05:25 PM

I tried to find pix on japanparts.com but I could only see pix for the z

nsanbyker
DIY Pro

Old 02-17-2003, 06:04 PM

Go to www.japanparts.com and click the link that says Infiniti G35/V35 Skyline. Once you click that there are options for different accessories. You can see the bodykit using those links.

Old 02-17-2003, 06:08 PM

i was talking about bigel's comment

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 02-17-2003, 09:14 PM

Sorry, I just think those rear extensions look wierd just hanging off. Maybe they should have fabricated a complete new rear fascia so it look more integrated.

But again, its your car. If all were left to me the body kit people would be out of business. But that is me. Now, on some cars a wing or aero kit is a nice apperance upgrade. A Celica or Talon is a good example. But on a car whose styling IMHO is near perfect, like the G or a C5 or a 360 Modena, it detracts. Sorta like putting a 10-Gallon hat on Cindy Crawford. Doesn't make her ugly, but she didn't need it.

That is one reason why I think the 360 Modena is such an awesome design, all the aero stuff to help the handling was done with an undertray --- so you don't have to see it!

Old 02-26-2003, 11:14 PM

Do u guys have any idea what the lip is make of?
I hope its carbon fiber for that much.

Old 02-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wait everyone. I already seen imitation body kits for the 350Z. I seen the imitation c-west kit for like 550~700bucks and you cannot tell the difference. I bet some rice bodykit shop out there is already making an imitation NISMO kit for like less than 1100 as you read this.

The car is popular enough that kids are trying to buy this car. I already seen 3 high school kids with G35SCs in the parking lot of a nearby high school. This means kids that are making pizza deliveries that have this car are saving all their paychecks up to buy the body kit and save up again to paint it.

The market will flood with imitations soon, orig. bodykit manufactures can't avoid it.

Old 02-27-2003, 10:24 AM

I hate to hear the non-NISMO bodykits being called imitation. Lets call them replica body kits. I would seriously hold off on purchasing the NISMO kit simply because it is rediculously overpriced. There are plenty of big name manufacturers that will have the same style kit and probably different more attractive kits for a lot less. Give it some time.

Old 02-28-2003, 02:10 PM

Personally I wouldn't buy parts of the 'body kit' (what I would consider front lip, rear lip, and side skirts). I think the car might look kinda awkward from the side if the front and rear has been modified and are hanging lower, and the sides are the stock size/style. I don't think I would ever put that Nismo spoiler on the coupe; I think it's really gaudy and ugly. The coupe was designed to have smooth, flowing lines, and that spoiler is boxy and all straight lines. That's just my .02 tho. And by the way, I'm sure that there will be several more wings coming out for the car in not too long. I'd wait and see what comes out before dropping a large chunk of change on the wing or any other body kit part for that matter.

2003 G35 Coupe
Black, Willow, 6spd, Aero, Prem
On the way...due in April...hurry!! [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 03:34 PM

I think I am actually going to hold off on the kit as a whole. My import guy has me hooked up. He is a good guy so he gets me everything for his price. I have the eibach pro-kit on order so when it is finally released I will have dibs on it if I want to. He also has a guy who imports from Japan who is looking for a full coil-over kit for me. Whichever he can find for me first I will get. I realized that I do not need to body kit if I drop it with a coil-over kit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Need Opinions About NISMO Body Kit