Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

This is a Nice Spoiler...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ +1...and not everyone wants to spend over 6k on a body kit.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
HELLos,

I'm pretty sure that the business model of VeilSide Japan ISN'T to make products that are accessible to every budget. That is pretty self-evident right? Therefore, it would seem to me that while there seems to be somewhat of a demand for the rear spoiler, piecemeal, said demand falls on deaf ears at VS Japan. It's belittling to VeilSide to place your business model on them; to state that just because there's a demand, that it should be met. They've been highly successful in a very volatile (luxury) market, without bending to the whims of the populous. Fortune line is special. Very few are ever sold, and that's how VeilSide wants it. It's not meant to be whored out like every other body kit that assimilates the buyer into the general masses. To that end, every part is protected to insure that every purchaser of a Fortune kit can stand tall, knowing that no part of their kit has been replicated, watered down to be made accessible to the masses. How many other manufacturers can say that about their top tier product line?

Darren (reminds all that VeilSide's catch phrase is "Fortune Favors the Brave)

Old 03-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
HELLos,

I'm pretty sure that the business model of VeilSide Japan ISN'T to make products that are accessible to every budget. That is pretty self-evident right? Therefore, it would seem to me that while there seems to be somewhat of a demand for the rear spoiler, piecemeal, said demand falls on deaf ears at VS Japan. It's belittling to VeilSide to place your business model on them; to state that just because there's a demand, that it should be met. They've been highly successful in a very volatile (luxury) market, without bending to the whims of the populous. Fortune line is special. Very few are ever sold, and that's how VeilSide wants it. It's not meant to be whored out like every other body kit that assimilates the buyer into the general masses. To that end, every part is protected to insure that every purchaser of a Fortune kit can stand tall, knowing that no part of their kit has been replicated, watered down to be made accessible to the masses. How many other manufacturers can say that about their top tier product line?

Darren (reminds all that VeilSide's catch phrase is "Fortune Favors the Brave)

Couldn't have said it better myself... Well put Darren..

Old 03-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
[QUOTE=Tootall4yall]That is the most hideous combination of incongruent lines I've ever seen.

Tootsall is correct, we've seen much better wide body kits for our G35s that
actually flow with the lines of the car....I still can't get over how bad the
Veilside wing/things look on our cars. I see those on our members cars and
just shake my head....why....

Old 03-22-2008, 01:55 AM
HXS
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
how about the gialla spoiler?

here it's on narkotic's car:

Old 03-22-2008, 02:08 AM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Meh... W/e

Old 03-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I could understand Veilside's position if they made a kit for a truly exclusive car, like an Aston Martin or a Maserati. But for them to have such arrogance about their products for A MASS MARKET VEHICLE is laughable. No matter how much you slice it, dice it, and julienne it, our car is just a Nissan. They, and the people who are buying into their marketing are just fooling themselves. It's just like those who belittle others who would DARE to put any wheels other than Work/Volk/BBS/HRE, etc. on a G35. Our cars are cool, fun cars but they ain't that special. Wanting to be and actually being are two very different things.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:10 PM
spoiler looks ok, the rest of the kit is fugly. Just mho.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Tootall4yall
I could understand Veilside's position if they made a kit for a truly exclusive car, like an Aston Martin or a Maserati. But for them to have such arrogance about their products for A MASS MARKET VEHICLE is laughable. No matter how much you slice it, dice it, and julienne it, our car is just a Nissan. They, and the people who are buying into their marketing are just fooling themselves. It's just like those who belittle others who would DARE to put any wheels other than Work/Volk/BBS/HRE, etc. on a G35. Our cars are cool, fun cars but they ain't that special. Wanting to be and actually being are two very different things.
If you subscribe to that philosophy then why upgrade your Nissan at all? Should your wife/girlfriend not do her make up and hair in the morning because she's not a super model?

VeilSide makes the Fortune line for Toyotas and Mazdas also. So, because they're not considered BOURGEOIS cars, they're not allowed to have an exclusive line of body kits made for them? That sucks, and I'm sorry you feel that low about your car (assuming that you own one of the above mentioned cars..).

By the way, VeilSide isn't the only company that doesn't sell their wide body parts piecemeal. Top Secret doesn't sell their bumpers, side skirts, fenders, rear bumpers separately either. APR doesn't sell their bumpers, side skirts, fenders, and rear bumpers piecemeal either. The ONLY difference is that Top Secret and APR sell their wings separately -- but I don't see you adding their name to your witch hunt.

Darren(yawns at this argument)

Old 03-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by O RLY
isn't there a replica 350z fortune body kit?

Old 03-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HXS
how about the gialla spoiler?

here it's on narkotic's car:

yep just like i said on the 7th post of this thread, if you are dead set on the veilside spoiler but don't want the entire widebody, then just settle for the gialla...they are almost identical

Old 03-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Are you smoking crack ...they are not almost identical. The gialla goes up, and the Veilside goes out. VERY different effects for the car.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
^+1 yea and the prices are totally different too...lol

Old 03-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Thinkdiesel

lol wtf is this?

Old 03-24-2008, 11:52 PM
There is a difference between upgrading your vehicle and acting as if the very metal it was made from was forged by God's personal blacksmith. I don't feel "low" about my car, in fact I love it. I just don't put it on a pedestal. I also own an 07 S550 Mercedes and I don't idolize that car either. My 03 G35 Coupe is my daily driver, and it is what it is. It's a fun, sexy car made by Nissan, and last time I checked, Nissan, Toyota, and Mazda don't make particularly exclusive vehicles. Lexus and Infiniti included. And, for the record, the cars they make are DEFINITELY "bourgeois." By definition, bourgeois is middle class, not upper class. Don't feel sorry for me, Intense. However, I would suggest the next time you jump on one of my quotes trying to be a smartass you may want to know what you are talking about, lest ye look like a dumbass again.

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
If you subscribe to that philosophy then why upgrade your Nissan at all? Should your wife/girlfriend not do her make up and hair in the morning because she's not a super model?

VeilSide makes the Fortune line for Toyotas and Mazdas also. So, because they're not considered BOURGEOIS cars, they're not allowed to have an exclusive line of body kits made for them? That sucks, and I'm sorry you feel that low about your car (assuming that you own one of the above mentioned cars..).

By the way, VeilSide isn't the only company that doesn't sell their wide body parts piecemeal. Top Secret doesn't sell their bumpers, side skirts, fenders, rear bumpers separately either. APR doesn't sell their bumpers, side skirts, fenders, and rear bumpers piecemeal either. The ONLY difference is that Top Secret and APR sell their wings separately -- but I don't see you adding their name to your witch hunt.

Darren(yawns at this argument)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This is a Nice Spoiler...