Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Windshield tints?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Windshield tints?

I am thinking of getting no/little shaded tints for my windshield to reflect the heat, its starting to bother me, theres alot of heat coming from the windshield.

I was thinking of going with a ceramic tint which reflects alot of UV/heat but with little or no colour.

Anyone of you guys have done something like this? pls chime in which prices and other comments . THANKS

Old 06-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Quite a few have done it.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

I've even seen pictures of someone who PAINTED the windshield (0% tint).

I doubt it will make your car any cooler though. Get a good sunshade to put in your windshield while your car is parked in the sun.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:13 PM
I have 50% tint on my windshield and it helps with the heat. I only have to have the fan on one or two and I freeze myself out.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah I want something with little or no colour but helps with the heat so thats why I am looking into ceramics, they are popular in countries i.e Singapore extremely hot but do not allow tints.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
Yeah I want something with little or no colour but helps with the heat so thats why I am looking into ceramics, they are popular in countries i.e Singapore extremely hot but do not allow tints.
Ceramic is definitely the way to go then...

You can choose any tint level you want, just like with any tint, but the heat and UV reflection is almost double what semi-metalic tints can provide.
I just had mine done with Huper Optik and I'm very happy with the results.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 3M color stable 50% on my windshield and I love it! Helps out a ton, and hard to tell from inside the car

Old 06-23-2008, 10:41 PM
i have 35% on the windshield and i love it. i think i paid around $60 for the windshield. i attached a few pics for ya. i would highly recommend it, good luck!

Attached Thumbnails Windshield tints?-marc-s-photos-005.jpg   Windshield tints?-marc-s-photos-006.jpg  
Old 06-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Ceramic is definitely the way to go then...

You can choose any tint level you want, just like with any tint, but the heat and UV reflection is almost double what semi-metalic tints can provide.
I just had mine done with Huper Optik and I'm very happy with the results.
did u do windshield? how much did yours end up costing anyways?

Old 06-23-2008, 11:51 PM
This is the only pic I can find showing mine at all. I think they were charging $50 for the windshield, I got all my tint for free though, so I'm not sure.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:58 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
I too have tints on my windshield, although I'm not sure what % it is. It is very light I believe just enough to reflect UV and heat but it doesn't look too tinted from outside, the above pic looks much more tinted than mine does

Old 06-24-2008, 05:36 PM
if you want no shade get formula one's UV tint which is clear.. i have f1 tints but has shaded and it helps a alot.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:53 PM
All the better films are going to keep out the same amount of UV. Between 80-99%. Its a standard thing with all films. The only one that keeps out more is the llumar UV shield. Keeps out UV A and B. The llumar (formula one) UV shield is nice but does next to nothing for heat. Its made for people with medical conditions to UV rays. Not a tint but a UV blocker. I use a high performance 50% on my cars as well as customers. Anything darker is foolish and unsafe.
Its one of those things you will never go without once you have had it.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by ClearBra_Guy
All the better films are going to keep out the same amount of UV. Between 80-99%. Its a standard thing with all films. The only one that keeps out more is the llumar UV shield. Keeps out UV A and B. The llumar (formula one) UV shield is nice but does next to nothing for heat. Its made for people with medical conditions to UV rays. Not a tint but a UV blocker. I use a high performance 50% on my cars as well as customers. Anything darker is foolish and unsafe.
Its one of those things you will never go without once you have had it.
UV... Maybe so, but ceramic helps with keeping the heat out more. The ceramics are more reflective. I can post test studies next time I'm at a pc (on my iPod right now)

I didn't do my windshield, not legal in MA.
I paid $380 for mine, got a deal bringing 2 G's at the same time.
Hyper usually runs approx $450. (twice the price of conventional films)

Last edited by AesonVirus; 06-26-2008 at 11:20 PM. Reason: iPods have lousy spell checking capabilities!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by mdominick12
i have 35% on the windshield and i love it. i think i paid around $60 for the windshield. i attached a few pics for ya. i would highly recommend it, good luck!
hey mdominick12, did the windshield tint make the light sensor for the auto headlights more sensitive? meaning, the auto-headlights turned on earlier than before you got the tint?

Old 06-28-2008, 12:06 AM
^ it shouldn't have an effect its pretty close to the windshield

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Windshield tints?