Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New VIS hood?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2008 | 07:08 PM
Really Needs a Life
hmmm.....

Old 08-20-2008 | 01:25 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
this is a copy of the new mastergrade hood, which is a copy of the amuse hood for the Z

Nah, its deffinetly NOT a copy of our hood. We saw one in person this week for the Z and the vent design is WAY different then ours.

Old 08-20-2008 | 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Nah, its deffinetly NOT a copy of our hood. We saw one in person this week for the Z and the vent design is WAY different then ours.
really? Are you making your new hood for the G35?

Old 08-20-2008 | 02:49 PM
Banned
Yes, but not like our 350z AMS hood.

Old 08-21-2008 | 06:46 PM
right, for $500 its good quality but MSRP on that "Extraction" hood is $1300 !!!

Double that of any other hood made by Vis, but they are all made side by side in China. It's always "hit or miss" when you buy a wet hand laid hood. The authentic JDM hoods are more expensive because they are vacuum bagged or dry carbon, a MUCH better quality and fitment then that of wet hand laid. This wet hand laid Vis hood is the cost of a vacuum bagged or dry carbon hood.

Its a numbers game.....you should know that, you dont really think they would sell for that? Seibon also had a huge mark up when they first made parts for the G35, its how the industry works. But really its all the same, hit and miss I have heard bad things about Seibon and really its all about the buyer and what they want. Had VIS stuff in he past and really its not bad. There are things that come from china that are ok.

Old 08-21-2008 | 08:02 PM
|
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Its a numbers game.....you should know that, you dont really think they would sell for that? Seibon also had a huge mark up when they first made parts for the G35, its how the industry works. But really its all the same, hit and miss I have heard bad things about Seibon and really its all about the buyer and what they want. Had VIS stuff in he past and really its not bad. There are things that come from china that are ok.
I'm a good example of that.

Old 08-22-2008 | 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Calvin
I'm a good example of that.

......+1 then....

Old 08-22-2008 | 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ciabatta Burger

How did he get those wheels on the car???? I tried ordering them but they didnt have anything close to 4x114.3 or whatever our lug thread is. DammUt.

Old 08-23-2008 | 11:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Seibon's MSRP on the TS and JS hoods has always been $880, just like all their larger vented hoods.

Would you pay $1000+ for a Seibon hood? Then why would you pay $1000+ for an even WORSE product? I know more about Vis and Seibon then anyone on this site, and I can tell you Seibon is better...hands down. There variety suks ***.

If you want a QUALITY hood, wait for the Mastergrade hood. You can actually get a DRY carbon hood for $100 more that comes with a lifetime warranty.

Old 08-27-2008 | 03:46 AM
i saw the hood in person today..... i have asuka and mastergrade products and i also have had seibon, honestly carbon fiber hoods are very close to all the same. granted mastergrade and asuka make great products at an affordable price, some people just dont really mind about miniscule differences from vaccuum bagged and hand laid. I'll be picking this up for my girlfriends G this week.

in regards to VIS products being crap, i partially disagree. Sometimes you might get a defect of course, but for the most part, i havnt had any problems with any of their parts.

and i could have sworn on my life i saw a showstoppers van picking up a greddy replica bumper today straight at VIS from Chris..... if they really made crappy parts why would you guys pick up parts from them? and post how bad their parts are?

Old 08-27-2008 | 02:59 PM
my friend got this hood 2 weeks ago, he is the 1st one to have it in the US. hood is really good quality. but yeah i saw the same van when i was there w/him a few weeks back

Old 08-27-2008 | 03:05 PM
check u pms jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2008 | 03:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by igofast2
i saw the hood in person today..... i have asuka and mastergrade products and i also have had seibon, honestly carbon fiber hoods are very close to all the same. granted mastergrade and asuka make great products at an affordable price, some people just dont really mind about miniscule differences from vaccuum bagged and hand laid. I'll be picking this up for my girlfriends G this week.

in regards to VIS products being crap, i partially disagree. Sometimes you might get a defect of course, but for the most part, i havnt had any problems with any of their parts.

and i could have sworn on my life i saw a showstoppers van picking up a greddy replica bumper today straight at VIS from Chris..... if they really made crappy parts why would you guys pick up parts from them? and post how bad their parts are?
I've sold these three companies for years even when it was the old Mastergrade and it goes like this.

Mastergrade.........Seibon....Vis..Carbon Creations

We'll sell anything, but we are always upfront and honest. If I get a customer calling to order a Vis hood, I will tell them that Seibon is a better choice. Same goes for Mastergrade, if a customer is calling in asking about fading, yellowing, fitment I will tell them go get Mastergrade because they offer a limetime warranty (unheard of in the CF world). I certainly won't turn down a sale if the customer is set on something.

I'd like to hear the reasoning why the MSRP on just this hood is double that of any other Vis hood.

Old 08-27-2008 | 11:06 PM
damn its expensive but looks sick as ****!

Old 08-28-2008 | 01:14 AM
I've sold these three companies for years even when it was the old Mastergrade and it goes like this.

Mastergrade.........Seibon....Vis..Carbon Creations

We'll sell anything, but we are always upfront and honest. If I get a customer calling to order a Vis hood, I will tell them that Seibon is a better choice. Same goes for Mastergrade, if a customer is calling in asking about fading, yellowing, fitment I will tell them go get Mastergrade because they offer a limetime warranty (unheard of in the CF world). I certainly won't turn down a sale if the customer is set on something.

I'd like to hear the reasoning why the MSRP on just this hood is double that of any other Vis hood.

i think the price of the hood is where its at because its new. i say give it some time and maybe chris will knock it down a bit. sorry, i didnt mean to upset you or put you on blast or anything jim. i was just a little confused and was just using some logic based on this threads discussion

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New VIS hood?