Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear Seat Removal HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear Seat Removal HELP

I'm having a real tough time removing the rear seat to get to the fuel pump area.

The service manual only states: "Raise the bottom of the seat cushion to release the wire from the plastic hook, then pull the seat cushion forward to remove"

No matter how hard I pull up/forward, the seat does not come off. If I pull really hard, I hear a slight snap, but the seat does not fully disengage from the plastic hook. I'm not sure if the hook/clip is worn or what, but it fells like if I pull any harder, I'm going to break something.

Anyone else have this problem?

To those that remove their rear seat for track time/other reasons, is there a certain technique to use to easily remove the seat?

Thx!

Old 12-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try pulling from the back instead of the front. If you could get one of the clips off, try tilting the seat sideways and pulling.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i've done it in two cars and had no issue. here are my suggestions:

first push the lower seat belt straps all the way into and through the seat. then slide both front seats all the way forward, step into the car facing the rear seats with you legs straddling the center trans tunnel (im 6'0 and I can do this) then just firmly crasp your hands under the bottom-front of the seats and pull up as hard as you can...just straight up, once released then pull forward.

it is ammidiately harder with the rear seat back install, but it should still come out with some ease.

good luck

Old 12-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It takes a REALLY hard tug to get the rear seat off the first time. I experienced the exact same thing as you did. When I pulled up, it would click but that's it. Sort of like as if one tab gave way but the rest didn't. I just pulled even harder and the rear seat came out. From here on out, the rear seat comes out as expected.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:51 PM
I just installed an IPOD adapter in my G35 and had to remove my rear seats to be able to run the wire. I took idrive MD's advice and the back seats came right out. Grab the bottom front of the back seats in the middle of each seat and give a quick short yank upward! The whole back seat should come up. The back seat is held in by these two clips. I have provided a pic below.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I did exactly the same thing, but wound up with something really pissing me off. Seat came out cleanly, but the pass rear cushion is loose near the front, looks like crap. I've installed leather coverings in a car and this was unexpected. Really sucks.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:13 AM
I followed the instructions as well and it worked for me too, it didnt come out until I TRIED to break it (out of frustration)!! Try to pull it straight up from the front of the rear seats (middle of both sides)- otherwise you can bend the seat front and it looks crappy.
I couldnt have done it with out this thread though!