Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Front air spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Front air spoiler

I bought a 03 G coupe the other month and I can't hold off on this anymore. Under the engine area there is the lower engine cover. Connected to the lower engine cover just under the front bumper is a black plastic strip. Air dam, diffuser, splitter, under spoiler w.e. Infiniti calls it a front air spoiler. Went to my local dealer and asked how much this oem item cost and the parts person sad $455! For a piece of plastic I said!? Piece of ****ing plastic in my head. Then the guys so snootily says,"It's Infiniti". SMH in any case I was able to find one, only one other option online. Another dealership, but surprisingly it's cheaper. Still a lil high for some damn plastic. Anyone here ever replaced their front air spoiler? Where'd you get your part from and how much? Link > http://infiniti.sewellparts.com/oem-...oupe-2003.html

Old 04-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by N-tity15
I bought a 03 G coupe the other month and I can't hold off on this anymore. Under the engine area there is the lower engine cover. Connected to the lower engine cover just under the front bumper is a black plastic strip. Air dam, diffuser, splitter, under spoiler w.e. Infiniti calls it a front air spoiler. Went to my local dealer and asked how much this oem item cost and the parts person sad $455! For a piece of plastic I said!? Piece of ****ing plastic in my head. Then the guys so snootily says,"It's Infiniti". SMH in any case I was able to find one, only one other option online. Another dealership, but surprisingly it's cheaper. Still a lil high for some damn plastic. Anyone here ever replaced their front air spoiler? Where'd you get your part from and how much? Link > http://infiniti.sewellparts.com/oem-...oupe-2003.html
If you don't want to deal with the plastic lameness, I believe there are some aftermarket splitters for the undercarriage made out of polished aluminum. If I can find the sale thread on it I'll post it up.

Try this,

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...els-stock.html

The following users liked this post:
N-tity15 (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good look, strangely enough I actually like the plastic strip that hangs low. When I hear it start to scrape I know I'm bottoming out and I can make adjustments. I'd be pissed If I got that pretty aluminum scraped up but I'm gonna look into it. Preciate it!