Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Exterior Modifications Input

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exterior Modifications Input

Hey,

I've been thinking about doing some minor exterior modifications that I think would look good, but I'd love to hear your guys input.

1. I'm considering painting my rims a semi gloss black and painting my calipers red.
2. Also considering debadging the g35 emblem and replacing it with a 350GT.

What do you guys think?

Also i'd appreciate other suggestions for fairly cheap exterior mod's that could be done/removed if necessary besides overlays?

Thanks

Old 04-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
What year is your car and what rims do you have?

I wouldn't paint the calipers red (or any color), especially since the paint usually tends on chip off and look crappy. Maybe if you got them powder coated... but regardless, a little ricey IMO since I see a lot of Hondas doing it, especially with painted drum brakes.... But that's just my opinion.

As for the debadging, once again it is personal preference. I did it, got flamed, didn't care, since I liked it and respected the car's true sports inspiration overseas. So if you're willing to put up with a bunch of criticizing people whose taste differs from your own then do it if you like it. I still have them btw; I did the centercaps as well, and have yet to get to the interior but will. Despite the crap that people will give you for having Infiniti interior... NO ONE does EVERYTHING at once. Builds progress over time and you'll get to certain things when you do, so if you don't mind it then do it.

HOWEVER, I wouldn't sport a 350GT emblem with Infiniti emblems. That'll just look half-assed IMO since there isn't an Infiniti Skyline.

Here's my car:

Really it boils down to whether it fits YOUR taste and achieves what YOU want. Opinions are cool, but don't let people sway you one way or the other too much. You don't want to regret doing something later on that you hadn't originally wanted to do.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by AmateuRN
Don't spray paint ****. Leave the skyline **** off.
What he said.

Debadge it, sure. But don't re-badge it.

Keep it clean.

The following users liked this post:
jarvo (04-17-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Like I said, personal preference, just like everything else in life. Hard-headed...

But OP, if you're gonna do it don't half-*** it. As mentioned, there are people for it and against it like ^. Do what you want.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the replies. After consideration i definitely wont rebadge my car or paint my calipers red. I like the look of black on black g35's though. Is there any particular reason why you guys suggest not painting the rims black? I wouldnt dare painting my rays forged rims, only the winter rims.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:59 AM
You still haven't told us what rims you're talking about and there aren't any pictures...

Old 04-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we on this again?! Man, do what you like. Just dont mix the badging if you do it....that looks dumb. Like 350gt said, its a matter of preference. So what kind of wheels are you talking about??

Old 04-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Small miracle- at least he wants to paint and not plastidip

Old 04-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by canehdian_guy
I wouldnt dare painting my rays forged rims, only the winter rims.
Originally Posted by 350GT_
You still haven't told us what rims you're talking about...
Originally Posted by dangermouse73
So what kind of wheels are you talking about??

I would suggest clear corners, window tint, and look into a chrome-black finish on the wheels. If I ever painted my wheels thats the color I would go with. Personally, I think debadging gives it the cleanest look.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:14 PM
herrschaft, due to your bolding of that quote and the "....." I feel as though you're trying to imply that we've missed or overlooked something and that he's trying to paint his OEM Rays. Well read again. And if not, then disregard this comment altogether and clarify your comments as well before posting.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Clear Corners. Really cheap and really easy to install.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by 350GT_
herrschaft, due to your bolding of that quote and the "....." I feel as though you're trying to imply that we've missed or overlooked something...
Correct.
Or are you asking him what his winter wheels are?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:09 PM
We were asking what his winter rims were since he said that he wouldn't dare painting his OEM Rays, but only the winter rims. Anyways oh well. He hasn't specified what they were. Regardless, it's a matter of personal preference. I personally wouldn't do it just cuz it would get chipped up. And if they're OEM rims then other enthusiasts would easily be able to tell the difference. But to each his own, and if he wants to do it then it's ultimately his choice. Anyways, it doesn't look like the OP is gonna be responding anytime soon so I'm unsubscribing to this thread.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What year is your car and what rims do you have?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exterior Modifications Input