Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Filling Lisence Plate Holes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Filling Lisence Plate Holes

I purchased my 2003 G35 when it was a year old, and it had a front lisence plate. Since I have it lisenced in PA, I want to remove the plate holder, but it was screwed into the bumper by two rather large screws. Any ideas how to fix the holes? I was thinking of getting some thick epoxy to fill the holes with, carefully buff it smooth, then cover the epoxy with some touchup paint. I figure having two small relatively unnoticable filled holes would look better than the lisence plate holder! (and I can't afford a new bumper).

Old 01-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought my G w/ 6,000 miles on it and some jerk off had drilled holes in the front bumper as well. It looks like crap...Hopefully someone knows how to fix this!!

Old 01-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Im from PA but I bought my coupe in NJ...As many of you know NJ has front plates, I didn't think anything of it until I got home and my Girlfriend told me to take that stupid front plate off...Of course to my surprise behind the damn plate was exactly whats been mentioned...2 huge holes, I called the dealership "Ray Catena" and told them about my problem...It took awhile but within a few weeks they replaced my entire front bumper with a new one at no cost...They should know better, I ordered my car in advance and they knew I was coming from PA, anyways they handled it very well and I have no complaints...However if you bought the car used, then I'm not sure you can do anything about it other then trying to fix it yourself...Maybe you can find some type of a cool plate to go on up front...G'luck

Old 01-12-2005, 02:48 PM
You can bring it to a body shop and have them plastic weld the holes up bondo and then repaint it. Thats you best bet unless you want to go get soem of thse Licence plate LEDs to put in your front bumper? I see a WRX with those here in new orleans looks ok I guess?