Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Please confirm? AIT Spec-I does not come in poly?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Please confirm? AIT Spec-I does not come in poly?

Hello, it's just as the thread title states...I have an AIT Spec-I front bumper that I adore...but since I'm lowered and it's FRP, after about a year of traveling on L.A. roads, now it needs some serious repair work and a total repaint. Before I spend the $$, though, it occurred to me that perhaps I should just get a polyurethane bumper to save me future grief...but I'm still in love with the AIT look.

I've searched through what must be hundreds of posts and threads and pics, and as far as I can see, the AIT is a pretty rare bumper to begin with, and it only comes in fiberglass. Can anyone please confirm for me that it does NOT come in poly, and if it does, can you please point me to the correct vendor that carries it?

Otherwise, the closest poly bumpers that resemble the AIT in style that I can see are the Nismo, and the OEM fitted with an OEM lip....but the AIT is still just ever so slightly more aggressive, and a lot lower than the other two, from what I can see. (I like low! Despite all the scraping!!) :P

Any thoughts/opinions would be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The following users liked this post:
BAUSauto (09-24-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Cataclysmic
Hello, it's just as the thread title states...I have an AIT Spec-I front bumper that I adore...but since I'm lowered and it's FRP, after about a year of traveling on L.A. roads, now it needs some serious repair work and a total repaint. Before I spend the $$, though, it occurred to me that perhaps I should just get a polyurethane bumper to save me future grief...but I'm still in love with the AIT look.

I've searched through what must be hundreds of posts and threads and pics, and as far as I can see, the AIT is a pretty rare bumper to begin with, and it only comes in fiberglass. Can anyone please confirm for me that it does NOT come in poly, and if it does, can you please point me to the correct vendor that carries it?

Otherwise, the closest poly bumpers that resemble the AIT in style that I can see are the Nismo, and the OEM fitted with an OEM lip....but the AIT is still just ever so slightly more aggressive, and a lot lower than the other two, from what I can see. (I like low! Despite all the scraping!!) :P

Any thoughts/opinions would be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Bumper only comes in AIT's FRP we do carry it =)

The bumper is basically a G35 Coupe OEM front molded with a INGs lip. You can easily reproduce it with a poly urethane INGS Lip on your OEM bumper molded..

But to answer your question again Nope does NOT come in Poly

- Eric
626-592-3103