Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Lighting and Electronics Mod Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 03:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lighting and Electronics Mod Questions

Good Evening GRiders,

I've got a few things I'm looking to do to my 06 G35 Coupe, electronic mods primarily. I know there are posts somewhere on here relating to each of them, but I have gotten frustrated trying to find them. So if you guys know of any particular threads, please don't flame me, just post the thread to the respective mod and I will head in that direction. Thank you in advance.

VDC Button Relocation: So I notice that the VDC button and the Hazard button are the same type and size, what would it take to swap the button locations? Or, is it possible for VDC to turn off when the car is put into Manual Tip-tronic shift mode? This strikes me as the best option, as when you shift into Manual mode, you want the car to become more aggressive, so why not have VDC turn off at the same time?

Exterior Door Handle LED Mod: Where can I find a DIY/tutorial on how to get this done? I've seen videos on YouTube and tried to contact people there, to no avail.

Paddle Shifter Kit: I've contemplated buying the Works Bell Paddle Shift kit, but I really don't like the carbon fiber wrapped handles as it wouldn't retain the interior's stock appearance. Does anyone know of a kit or thread pertaining to this?

Push Button Start: Another thing I'm looking into is Digital Guard Dawg's Push Button Start kit. I'm curious if anyone else has done this, as it would require some modifications to the stock ignition switch, and I would love to research this as thoroughly as possible before making a regrettable and costly purchase.

Back Up Camera/Mirror Monitor: This one is kinda meh, it's not a must have but I'd like to have it because my windows are blacked out and sometimes parallel parking can be a bitch, so this would be nice to have.

Proximity Sensor: Goes hand in hand with the Back Up Camera. Anyway to add proximity sensors to the front and rear bumpers on an 06?

LED License Plate: Just want to brighten the license plate section up with some super bright LEDs. Where to find em?

Again, I thank you guys in advance and hope that no one flames me - I'm a mod rookie, and I'm just getting frustrated with searching key words and having random *** topics or posts popping up that require extensive page searches to find (or not find) what I'm looking for.

- Starkiller