Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Driver exterior Door Handle Promblem not opening!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Driver exterior Door Handle Promblem not opening!!!

Driver Door Handle Problem///exterior
04 G-Coupe
I went to open driver side door yesterday, pulled with force (dont know why) and felt something snap on the door handle.
looks like the door handle sticks out and wont go back in all the way.
driver door wont open from the outside, will only open from the inside.
anyone had this problem and know what has to be fixed before i start to open the door panel?
i tryed goggling and search the forum but no good result found

Old 02-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Theres a cable attached to handle to actuate door latch mechanism.

It may have popped off handle or end may have broke.

Should be able to remove inner door panel and pull back insulation to access cable.

Last edited by HotRodG35; 02-25-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixed the door not opening issue on a 2008 G35x (I think)

I just had this problem with my 2008 G35x. The other night it wouldn't open from the outside but would open from the inside. The next day I had no problem, after work I filled up and took it to the car wash. I parked it for 5 hours in the garage and driver side door wouldn't open. I could hear the door unlocking and the cables pulling on the door actuator but it wouldn't open from the outside or inside.

Trying to thaw it didn't work, this was tried because its spring in Rochester NY and the temp is a balmy 19 degrees Fahrenheit.

With the door closed and the window down I was able to pop the top of the door panel off enough to get my hands on the cables that attach to the inner door handle/lock assembly. I pulled on the cable and the door opened up. Upon opening I applied a generous amounts of WD-40 on the latch assembly and cable ends. I partially put it back together to try it out and voila the door is opening fine.

I opened and closed the door without issue over fifty times.

Hopefully this was an glitch and won't happen again. Glad I didn't take it to the dealership.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:50 AM
eZg
Removing the exterior door handle is VERY easy.

Too bad my memory sux. Main thing is to remove the bolt on the inside edge of the door. It's been a while but I think there was a rubber stopper/cap that once pried off you could shine a light and see the bolt about 1.5" inward of the door's edge.

The bolt is a Torx type and has a collar so that once loose it doesn't fall into the door cavity.

Loosen that sucker then wiggle door handle out and you will be able to see what is broken.

gl

Old 04-07-2015, 10:55 AM
eZg
From another Thread....sorry no pics.

Hope these directions make sense... I just took off the door handles a couple weeks ago, and it's actually not too bad.

1. Take off the small cover around the lock. (Cover a little screw driver with a rag and gently pry it off).
2. Open door and remove the small circular rubber cover along the inside of the door (it's about the size of a quarter).
3. Access the torx bolt through the hole and loosen then bolt. The torx bolt will not come all the way out, it is held in place even when completely loose.
4. When the torx bolt is loose, take out the lock/metal piece by pulling them carefully out from the outside of the door (the drivers side will have a lock attached to a cable... so pull it out carefully).
5. You can then slide the door handles towards the rear of the car, and they come right out.

There's no need to remove the inside door panels.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its black, manual
Door not opening

Okay guys I'm haven similar problems my out side door handle on the drivers side wont work

I can hold my unlock button on my fob to roll down the windows and use the inside handle witch still works

But what's going on here?

Do I just have to take the door apart and see if some fall off

Or a cable fell out of some thing

Any ideas?

Old 06-13-2019, 10:12 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah I'm guessing something broke on the handle. Take it apart.