Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How To: Paint Kenstyle Rear - HELP FAST!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Never enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have to see it

Old 02-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Can someone please tell me if there is anything special that needs to be done to the rear bumper to make the middle peice look like a black peice of plastic! Flat black? No clear coat?

HELP FAST!! Thanks!!!
go with flat black no clear coat.

Old 02-13-2005, 04:24 AM
im almost positive that part comes flat black...which you should leave flat black, unless your car is black then you should paintmatch it
or it might look nice if you have a different color car and have the plastic piece painted a black like the car's for the nice contrast

Old 02-13-2005, 04:36 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
the entire kenstyle kit comes in off-white fiberglass. it's up to you how you want to paint it.

but yes, for the "plastic" look, go flat black with no clear coat. i think there is a satin clear coat that will mimic the flat look if you are interested in having a clear coat for protection. but even with that clear, it won't be as flat black as without no clear.

vinh

Old 02-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Fitment will be fine with your stock exhaust. Just like replacing with an original factory rear bumper. Also dont forget to paint the bumper support, before you install the Ken bumper.

Last edited by GXCLUSIV; 02-13-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:49 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
YES...YES....

DO NOT FORGET TO PAINT THE BUMPER SUPPORT BLACK!!!

this will make it less obvious that it is there when you look through the grill in the rear bumper...

hey larry...it's been only a couple of weeks and I've scraped the bottom of the front bumper such is life

Vinh

Old 02-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I agree with the "flat black" but disagree with the "no clear coat" - there is a clear coat that will mimic the plastic look (I'm sure you're body shop will know what you're talking about) - there's no way I would leave that area painted without some sort of clear coat for protection...

next week my car goes in the shop also to get some body work done - I'm going to paint the inserts of my Nismo bumper and the rear diffuser area of the stock bumper black (similar look to what you're going for) - so if you find out what paint and/or clear coat they use, could you please pass on that info? I was just going to get them to paint the area a regular gloss black w/ clear, but I think it would look better if I went for the "plastic-look" like you're suggesting... also, POST PICS WHEN IT'S DONE!!!

Old 10-13-2005, 04:48 AM
Kenstyle Rear Bumper

Hey guys...

I live in Canada and ordered my 06 white G35c n was also really into the Kenstyle rear bumper... Do you have any suggestions as to where I can get just the rear for a good price? Been loving that rear bumper for awhile but want to wait to make sure the dimensions of the rear bumper hasn't changed since they revised the tail lights... don't look like they did much tho just the clear round light changed shape.. hopfully thats it besides the dimples of the round part in the tail lights...

Old 10-13-2005, 09:50 AM
I agree, with no clear coat it won;t look like plastic. I had mine done in a flat gunmetal and he left it like that with no clear, it looked awful. Now mine looks perfect after he cleared it.

See pics on my webpage.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's my replica... middle's painted flat black...

Attached Thumbnails How To: Paint Kenstyle Rear - HELP FAST!-myken3.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How To: Paint Kenstyle Rear - HELP FAST!