Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone here sound deadened the roof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 08:09 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Anyone here sound deadened the roof

I'm hoping someone who's done this on our roofs can chime in. I'm waiting on all my gear for my full audio install. 2 way active front stage using raw drivers and 1 sub in the back. The bulk of my build is full out sound deadening from SDS, CLD, CCF, ,MLV but Im concerned about room under the headliner. Estimating about 3/8 of an inch of material added counting the CLD tiles. The CCF and mlv are around 1/8 on each.

I really don't want to yank the headliner and find out I can't add this bulk and get the headliner back on right.

To those interested In adding Tynphany ne25vts-04 tweets with Dayton DSA-175-8 6.5s for my front stage on a Pioneer AVH-X2800BS in Network Mode and Sundown E series 12 in a sealed 1.1 enclosure from Zen. Amp is a NVX JAD900.5. 0 Gauge Big 3 upgrade and a new 5 wire 8 gauge grounding kit. I'm pumped about how it will all sound once I get it dialed in crossed over correctly

Old 01-10-2017, 12:54 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Swaglife81
I'm hoping someone who's done this on our roofs can chime in. I'm waiting on all my gear for my full audio install. 2 way active front stage using raw drivers and 1 sub in the back. The bulk of my build is full out sound deadening from SDS, CLD, CCF, ,MLV but Im concerned about room under the headliner. Estimating about 3/8 of an inch of material added counting the CLD tiles. The CCF and mlv are around 1/8 on each.

I really don't want to yank the headliner and find out I can't add this bulk and get the headliner back on right.

To those interested In adding Tynphany ne25vts-04 tweets with Dayton DSA-175-8 6.5s for my front stage on a Pioneer AVH-X2800BS in Network Mode and Sundown E series 12 in a sealed 1.1 enclosure from Zen. Amp is a NVX JAD900.5. 0 Gauge Big 3 upgrade and a new 5 wire 8 gauge grounding kit. I'm pumped about how it will all sound once I get it dialed in crossed over correctly
Not sure if it's been done, but it's not the best use of sound deadening efforts. Almost all the noise you get comes from your own tires and wind turbulence on the car. The top of the car is pretty damn smooth. Deadening around the tires to reduce their noise, the floor - turbulent undercarriage - and the doors, which keeps other cars' tire noise out is where the effort should be. If you've done all of those, and the A/B/C pillars then doing the roof is worth doing at that point, I suppose.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:41 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
i did the roof. did not use any mlv on the roof. put cld tiles and used an ahesive backed foam by stp.

i wanted to used the 3m insulation that sds used to recommend but it was much too thick. would have caused issues when trying to open the moonroof.

Last edited by .cakestar; 01-10-2017 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:57 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
this is what i used. its made for headliners. i still have enough to do like 2 roofs if you want it. i had to buy a whole roll when i purchased it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.