Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Think I got ripped

Old 07-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Think I got ripped

Got a new driver window motor from rock auto and went to a local radio installer by my house. Had called and asked for a price to replace motor the said 75, I brought the car, they take it for 10 mins the guy comes out and say yup its the motor, we used the new one I brought in to test it. its gonna be 200$$ i asked for what? you guys said 75$??? guy goes nope ! that was for diagnosis only, which they used my new motor to do. btw. I was tempted to leave and get it replaced somewhere else but i was like F -it since I just wanna get it over with he ended up going down to 175 for the work. when they tell me its ready just hand me the keys and say take care. I push the window button up and it does but then comes back a quarter of the way down, every time. i call the manager out and he goes, its the sensor thats bad, not our fault. He shows me a fix, I have to lightly push the window up, ( without it clicking) and it doesn't do that but I dunno.... what do you guys think? Did I get totally jerked at the place? Im about to leave Them a real Lovely review on yelp.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:34 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Please tell me you didn't pay in cash....

Old 07-14-2017, 07:51 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Sounds like your window motor just lost it's calibration, mine did the exact same thing about a month ago:

-Push the auto up and window would roll down...

-Manually roll it up (without lifting the switch all the way) and it would go up until I closed my door, then it would drop down 6"

-Auto down and the window would drop 1"

-Manual down worked just fine.

To fix it's pretty easy:

http://www.infinitihelp.com/diy/gcou..._procedure.php

The following 2 users liked this post by cleric670:
cyrus32 (07-14-2017), S 854 (07-19-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 08:08 PM
no I payed with my card, so they of course charged me tax on top of 175. It sucks id have to do any additional work after paying that amount for only 30 mins of work. thankful for Yelp though, Im sure my review will lose them more then what they made on me in the long run.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:41 PM
Quoted on the phone $70 for a window motor replacement on the phone by these guys, took the car down they diagnosed it in 10 mins using the New motor I brought them not their materials,I asked them to keep the motor unused so I could return it if it wasnt the item that needed replacing, but fine. Then, the guy says it will be $200 to fix. "70 was only diagnosis" im about to leave because I hate to support this kinda business however this is my only day off and I really want to get this over with so I agree to his super deal of $175. once done, they give me keys " take care" but the window now doesn't work properly. I called the manager back and he says I have to push the button a certain way to get it to function properly now, and that a " $1000 sensor had also gone bad" .

I got out of there and posted on a forum for my car turns out they didn't reset the power window, and now I have to take the panels off myself to do the procedure.

I wont be going back and id advise to be careful with their quotes. AND MOST OF ALL!!!!!! CHECK THEIR WORK BEFORE YOU LEAVE . DO NOT JUST JUMP IN YOUR CARE AND DRIVE AWAY.

Last edited by cyrus32; 07-14-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:42 PM
my yelp review

Old 07-15-2017, 11:12 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The "sensor" is part of the window motor, not a separate assembly.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:21 PM
And to think I used to be a return customer for them. but like I said my yelp review should upset the manager more then I got upset , as its his 1st "bad review" . I hate to do that to a small local business however the manager saw I was very upset and had a chance to make things right one way or another while I was there. He may lose a considerable amount over the next years due to my yelp review.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by cyrus32
Quoted on the phone $70 for a window motor replacement on the phone by these guys, took the car down they diagnosed it in 10 mins using the New motor I brought them not their materials,I asked them to keep the motor unused so I could return it if it wasnt the item that needed replacing, but fine. Then, the guy says it will be $200 to fix. "70 was only diagnosis" im about to leave because I hate to support this kinda business however this is my only day off and I really want to get this over with so I agree to his super deal of $175. once done, they give me keys " take care" but the window now doesn't work properly. I called the manager back and he says I have to push the button a certain way to get it to function properly now, and that a " $1000 sensor had also gone bad" .

I got out of there and posted on a forum for my car turns out they didn't reset the power window, and now I have to take the panels off myself to do the procedure.

I wont be going back and id advise to be careful with their quotes. AND MOST OF ALL!!!!!! CHECK THEIR WORK BEFORE YOU LEAVE . DO NOT JUST JUMP IN YOUR CARE AND DRIVE AWAY.
Did this shop have their labor and diagnosis rates posted?
Did you receive an itemized receipt?
Did you confirm the charges prior to the shop beginning work?
Did you take the name of the person who quoted you the $70 over the phone and speak to that person prior to any work being done?
Did you pay by credit card?
If the workmanship by that shop was poor contact your credit card customer service, provide the necessary receipt documentation and request a charge back.

The shop is not responsible for a part that you supplied.
Who knows if you purchased the correct part?
Perhaps that damaged a sensor?

I only use the dealer for any repairs and have never been disappointed with any of their work. Yes the dealer charges more but you will learn that you get what you pay for in this world.
The dealer also provides a loaner vehicle so you don't have to take a day off work.
Use only OEM parts and you will have much better results.

Stop wining, suck it up as a lesson learned.
No one works for free.

Just my $.02

Telcoman

Old 07-17-2017, 12:25 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
Enough of that going to the abc shop and do it yourself. Take time to read and watch videos of DIY's there are tons of them when you google.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
sounds like u just need to do a window reset

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.