Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Front bumper cover help/options

Old 11-27-2018, 03:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
stock G35 coupe
Front bumper cover help/options

So I recently purchased a GT-R front clip for my 04 coupe and was informed by THmotorsports that is no longer available... I’m kinda glad too because after looking at it several times I know I would not be happy with the look. Now, I also ordered an engine guard from Tollbooth Willey, so what I need info on is what would be a good front bumper cover I should look at that is stylish and would work with that cover? Anyone have any options for me so I can find one and get in en route to my house? TIA Oh, and fiberglass of polyurethane?

Last edited by GraysG35; 11-29-2018 at 03:10 AM.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:36 AM
stock G35 coupe
Anyone?

Old 12-01-2018, 08:49 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Hello, Bueller?? lol

On the front bumper I'd highly recommend going with poly over fiberglass. FG is way too brittle to put on the front and will crack, chip etc. with any significant impact. The 2 most popular front ends for the coupe are the Karuma Z and the Inven. Most of our vendors should have them accessible. There's also a Nismo option but it looks a lot like a stock bumper.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:47 PM
stock G35 coupe
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Hello, Bueller?? lol

On the front bumper I'd highly recommend going with poly over fiberglass. FG is way too brittle to put on the front and will crack, chip etc. with any significant impact. The 2 most popular front ends for the coupe are the Karuma Z and the Inven. Most of our vendors should have them accessible. There's also a Nismo option but it looks a lot like a stock bumper.
Ole Bueller! Haha!

Yeah the NISMO does look slightly like the stock bumper, I seen a white G35 somewhere with the whole kit and the same wheels that I plan to purchase and it looks really good. I am going to search for the ones you mentioned to see what they look like, its going to be 4-5 months before i start ordering all the goodies for the build anyway so my taste may change between now and then. I did think about the fiberglass getting chipped from road debris and possibly bumping a curb (which I always try to park away from curbs) but I feel like the fiberglass combo's will be a little stronger. I am not really familiar with poly and how sturdy it is once installed on a car and how much trouble it would be when it goes to body shop to get painted and getting the paint to match the paint on the metal portions of the car... I worked at and sold Nissan's for about 3 years at my local dealership and always noticed on the new cars (white cars) that the bumpers were a slight shade off from the rest of the car and that is my concern as well. I do know that new car factory bumpers, at least Nissan, are painted at a separate factory than the rest of the car and by a robot, I'm sure the guy that will be doing all my bodywork and paint can get whatever I put on it to match correctly.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:18 AM
stock G35 coupe
Ok fine Blue, you talked me in to the Karuma Z! It looks sick and I think it would be a very nice combo with the wheels that I want!