Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

slightly blue HIDs (5th revision of projectors)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 04:21 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
slightly blue HIDs (5th revision of projectors)

Since we all love blue HIDs, here's some pics of my setup.

For some reason the driver side didn't have the blue color at the cutoff line, so I had to go back in and bend the shield of the projector slightly. This was the 4th time I had the headlights apart to get everything right. Let's hope I never have to go back in again.

Oh yeah, these are my X5 projectors in the G35 coupe headlights. The bulbs are Philips 4100K D2S. They've had a bit of color shift. The shrouds are polished aluminum cans. I'm pretty happy with the setup now.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! Very nice!

Old 03-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Wow. That turned out pretty good. You didn't have any issues with the headlight housing affect the width of light projected out? I was thinking about doing a retrofit if/when I get my G coupe, but I was kind of hesitant from doing it. I was afraid that because you had to mount the projectors so deep into the housing, that it would affect the widht of the light projected.

I was thinking about putting in some S2000 projectors or maybe some ECE Valeos.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:45 PM
E_K
Originally Posted by badtziscool
Wow. That turned out pretty good. You didn't have any issues with the headlight housing affect the width of light projected out? I was thinking about doing a retrofit if/when I get my G coupe, but I was kind of hesitant from doing it. I was afraid that because you had to mount the projectors so deep into the housing, that it would affect the widht of the light projected.

I was thinking about putting in some S2000 projectors or maybe some ECE Valeos.
There is a small amount of width of the beam affected by the housing. That's why I tried to use a projector that has the lens farther up front compared to where the shield is. I was thinking with going with A6 projectors at first, but the shape of the projector/lens would result in the width of the light being more affected.

The S2000s and ECEs are great projectors. I'd say go for it.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that looks sick!

Old 03-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by E_K
There is a small amount of width of the beam affected by the housing. That's why I tried to use a projector that has the lens farther up front compared to where the shield is. I was thinking with going with A6 projectors at first, but the shape of the projector/lens would result in the width of the light being more affected.

The S2000s and ECEs are great projectors. I'd say go for it.
How far forward did you mount the projector? Is it almost touching the lens cover of the headlight housing or do you still have room to play with?

Old 03-15-2005, 10:44 AM
I still don't get why no aftermarket company has made a set of headlights like this? Great job BTW looks simply awesome. I bet the output is 100 times better then stock?

Old 03-15-2005, 11:30 AM
E_K
Originally Posted by badtziscool
How far forward did you mount the projector? Is it almost touching the lens cover of the headlight housing or do you still have room to play with?
I mounted it as far forward as I could. The lens IS almost touching, but there's still room for headlight level adjustment.

As far as aftermarket companies, it's expensive to use OEM, high quality projectors in complete headlight assemblies. It's also not feasible to come out with conversion kits, because the average consumer is not going to take their headlights apart.

The output is about the same as stock, but the beam pattern is much wider, and the cutoff is obviously sharper.

Old 03-17-2005, 06:46 AM
location?

Hey gdragon where are you located? How long does it take for the install? Been thinking about doing this sometime in the future and your installs are great!

In total, what is the estimation from stock halogen's to a completed setup. Projectors, then install price, and the actual HID setup itself?

Old 03-17-2005, 10:47 AM
E_K
lacir, gdragon has his own thread in the classified section.

gdragon, I've given you compliments on your setup. But please give me the courtesy of not hijacking my thread to promote your retrofitting business ventures.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:59 PM
WRAH
but he's nice and would walk you threw it if you want to do the same. That and his Projectors kick your @ss

Old 03-17-2005, 08:03 PM
does the g35 comes with stock HIDs?

Old 03-18-2005, 05:17 PM
aka xenon, yes;

Old 03-19-2005, 09:58 AM
RugRatCoupe
E_K...Great Job! I'm looking for an Infiniti FX bi-Zenon HID's to retrofit in mine. Only problem is they're so new the price is still pretty high!

Old 03-19-2005, 12:28 PM
E_K
wrah, gdragon apologized via PM, and I respect him for that.

rugrat, if you're just looking for bixenon projectors, there are always plenty on ebay for pretty cheap (under $200). Bixenons would be a great setup, but I'm not good with electrical harnesses/wiring. It's already hard enough just getting a projector to fit in the G35 housing without it hitting the outer lens, back cover, lower housing, etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: slightly blue HIDs (5th revision of projectors)