Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More

Gialla/Data System grill GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2005 | 01:40 PM
We only sell genuine products - no illegal counterfeits or ill-fitting copies.

They will likely be a black (or white) gelcoat on the fiberglass, ready to paint, with a silver mesh. It only comes with one type of mesh, but Home Depot has a bunch of different styles if you want to change it.

Old 07-18-2005 | 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by BulletproofRich

They will likely be a black (or white) gelcoat on the fiberglass, ready to paint, with a silver mesh. It only comes with one type of mesh, but Home Depot has a bunch of different styles if you want to change it.

any updates?

Old 07-18-2005 | 05:14 PM
I thought the Gialla Grille mesh was black? Or was the gialla picture on the 1st page painted black?

Old 07-18-2005 | 05:36 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
What a waste of time! I purchased my Gialla grill from a reputable seller (wont mention their name) and it took less than 2 weeks from JAPAN to get to my front door and the total out of pocket was $290! From what I see, $270 shipped for a group buy of this many, well that ain't much of a deal! And to think you all have been waiting like 13+ weeks, ouch that sucks! I could see it all being worth the time ane effort if it was like $200 shipped or something, but for that price - that's not much of a deal! Heck, one just sold on eBay this past week (brand new) for $280 plus $15 shipping (sold within the US, not shipped from over seas). I would rather pay $300 and know that I'm going to get it in 7-10 days, then save the $20-$30 and wait 13 weeks! You people need to VOICE UP! I didn't want to say anything, but after seeing this up for weeks now, I just had too.

Oh and lastly, the REAL Gialla grill comes with a PLASTIC mesh insert!!! DO NOT SETTLE for anything else! If its silver and you have to paint it - IT WILL START TO CHIP IN A MATTER OF DAYS and you'll be stuck repainting it and repainting it forever! The black plastic mesh WONT chip and looks the best! Just a word of advice, before taking delivery of something you've been waiting 13 WEEKS FOR!

Old 07-18-2005 | 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
What a waste of time! I purchased my Gialla grill from a reputable seller (wont mention their name) and it took less than 2 weeks from JAPAN to get to my front door and the total out of pocket was $290! From what I see, $270 shipped for a group buy of this many, well that ain't much of a deal! And to think you all have been waiting like 13+ weeks, ouch that sucks! I could see it all being worth the time ane effort if it was like $200 shipped or something, but for that price - that's not much of a deal! Heck, one just sold on eBay this past week (brand new) for $280 plus $15 shipping (sold within the US, not shipped from over seas). I would rather pay $300 and know that I'm going to get it in 7-10 days, then save the $20-$30 and wait 13 weeks! You people need to VOICE UP! I didn't want to say anything, but after seeing this up for weeks now, I just had too.

Oh and lastly, the REAL Gialla grill comes with a PLASTIC mesh insert!!! DO NOT SETTLE for anything else! If its silver and you have to paint it - IT WILL START TO CHIP IN A MATTER OF DAYS and you'll be stuck repainting it and repainting it forever! The black plastic mesh WONT chip and looks the best! Just a word of advice, before taking delivery of something you've been waiting 13 WEEKS FOR!

I couldn't agree more Jon... none of us expected 13 weeks... i am starting to get a bad feeling about this one and honestly see this becoming very ugly.. Bulletproof has been MIA since the payments were recieved... I am giving him 48 hours to give a legitimate and satisfactory answer before speaking with my credit card company and attorney. I WILL get interest on my money if the proves to be a scam... The silver mesh comment scares me A LOT!! does not sound authentic to me at all... Group Buy could equal class action... we will see...

Old 07-18-2005 | 08:58 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
All in all 13 weeks is a LONG time to wait bro! Specially for the amount of $$$ you all dished out! To think for ONLY $20-$30 more you could have had it in 7-10 days would drive me NUTS! Also, my Gialla came with a black plastic mesh insert as well as my friends Gialla. Every Gialla I've ever seen, even those from fellow Forum members was black plastic. The real Gialla also comes in a box clearly marked Gialla on it, with instructions in Japanese. If Bulletproof doesnt know what color mesh the Gialla comes with, then i would start questioning who the grills are coming from. A company like Gialla wouldn't (IMO) change the color of thier mesh's out of the blue, as I'm sure that would drive all their customers up a wall! It's not a subtle change either, as the black mesh makes the whole grill! Hope it works out for you all...

Old 07-18-2005 | 09:57 PM

Fiberlgass? Real Gialla grills are made of ABS plastic with a black plastic mesh. We bought one to replicate a while back.

Old 07-18-2005 | 10:16 PM
im in - the price? - painted ? send to PR?

Old 07-18-2005 | 10:40 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

I smell a rat! Fiberglass? (not the real Gialla). Silver mesh? (not the real Gialla). 13 Week wait? (not that I have ever encountered).

But you know what one could do in 13 weeks? Build a hell of a bunch of KNOCK-OFFS...

Old 07-18-2005 | 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
I smell a rat! Fiberglass? (not the real Gialla). Silver mesh? (not the real Gialla). 13 Week wait? (not that I have ever encountered).

But you know what one could do in 13 weeks? Build a hell of a bunch of KNOCK-OFFS...

my thoughts exactly

Old 07-19-2005 | 04:48 AM
Originally Posted by infiniti4life
I couldn't agree more Jon... none of us expected 13 weeks... i am starting to get a bad feeling about this one and honestly see this becoming very ugly.. Bulletproof has been MIA since the payments were recieved... I am giving him 48 hours to give a legitimate and satisfactory answer before speaking with my credit card company and attorney. I WILL get interest on my money if the proves to be a scam... The silver mesh comment scares me A LOT!! does not sound authentic to me at all... Group Buy could equal class action... we will see...
I'm with you on this. I would also file a complaint with Better Business Bureau if this is not resolved within 48 hours. I really have a bad feeling about this.

Old 07-19-2005 | 10:48 AM
i agree with ducatiguy...i'm starting to get real pissed off here!! anyone else?? the GB price wasn't that great to begin with and now the wait time from a so called reputable dealer has become unbearable...i'll give it untill monday and if i don't see anything in the mail, i'm calling my CC company...

Old 07-19-2005 | 02:46 PM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
Guys, the container came in Friday. We did inventory all day friday and
monday. All 30+ grilles have arrived but came from Gialla with no individual boxes. We already placed the order for the boxes and they should be here tomorrow. We apologize for the delay, but Gialla was really slow on producing these parts. Please expect them very soon. Also, please feel free to pick them up if you are local.

Old 07-19-2005 | 03:00 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
LOL... They arrived without boxes and now the wait is for boxes... Mind boggling...

Old 07-19-2005 | 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by BulletproofG35
Guys, the container came in Friday. We did inventory all day friday and
monday. All 30+ grilles have arrived but came from Gialla with no individual boxes. We already placed the order for the boxes and they should be here tomorrow. We apologize for the delay, but Gialla was really slow on producing these parts. Please expect them very soon. Also, please feel free to pick them up if you are local.

Please post an actual picture of the product before even wasting time by shipping them with a close up of the mesh. This really sounds like a shady deal to me. How exactly do they ship them? How many are damaged in shipping since they dont have a box? I think you owe us at least that much after the wait we have endured.

I can buy Rolex boxes all over the internet and put a Timex in it and it doesnt make it a Rolex.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gialla/Data System grill GROUP BUY