Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Black Chrome/Pearl Badges

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Chrome/Pearl Badges

Regarding the ones from www.Infiniti-Parts.com, has anybody had problems with these peeling or otherwise "deteriorating"? I searched on the topic of black chrome badges and found people talking about the black chroming peeling off and having to get them re-done, but it wasn't clear whether these were the same badges as I-P.com sells...

Also, are the ones from I-P.com an actual Infiniti part? If so, does anybody know the part number?

Finally, does the black pearl Mt. Fuji in the front match the color of the rest of the factory grill exactly or can you still see the one stand out from the other? Again, I've searched, but it's very hard to see this detail with the lighting in the photos that I have seen...

thanks,
Jeff

Old 04-04-2005, 08:22 PM
I have the ones from Infiniti-Parts.com. Had no problems with the black chrome coating. I don't believe there are OEM parts that come with black chrome. These are OEM parts with black chrome applied to them. The black chrome emblem matches better with the black chrome grill than the oem one. Overall, I think they look really good and gives your car a little something to differentiate with the other G35's, but it's not exactly cheap for what you get (pieces of plastic)

Old 04-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check my emblem post...I can get super gloss black emblems...cheap

Old 04-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by xswl0931
The black chrome emblem matches better with the black chrome grill than the oem one.
I confirmed today with Infiniti-Parts.com that they are in fact the OEM chrome badges that are re-plated...

Not to knit pick, but when you say they match "better" is there still an apparent difference between the coloring on the grill and the color on the emblem or are they pretty much exactly the same at that point?

Also, it's kind of hard to tell in most of the pics, but are the black chrome badges still "shiny" or is it more of a flat color? Can you see your reflection in them?

I had an IS300 sportdesign that came factory with black chrome badges and those are *exactly* what I'm after... I don't know why this is so difficult!! I called half a dozen places around the country today and so far no luck... there's only one place i've found in the whole country that does any kind of plating on plastic, I'm still waiting to hear if they can do black chrome...

Thanks
Jeff

Old 04-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Black Chrome Badges

All my emblems/badges were black chromed by Rick at Auto Emblems… I am very happy with how they turned out! They look great!!! – no pics yet, but soon. He’s in So Cal (Orange County), but will probably make arrangements for shipping – if interested his number is 714-328-9810… good guy and fair prices!

Old 05-01-2005, 02:37 AM
I can get them in shiny gloss black...no chipping whatsoever...real cheap too! PM me

Old 05-01-2005, 04:12 AM
What are the pricing that you guys consider "CHEAP?" perhaps a GROUP buy can be started! plz pm me w/ prices I am interested in converting to smoked/black pearl w/ my front grill and rear emblems

Old 05-01-2005, 04:36 AM
Originally Posted by 2JZfan
I confirmed today with Infiniti-Parts.com that they are in fact the OEM chrome badges that are re-plated...

Not to knit pick, but when you say they match "better" is there still an apparent difference between the coloring on the grill and the color on the emblem or are they pretty much exactly the same at that point?

Also, it's kind of hard to tell in most of the pics, but are the black chrome badges still "shiny" or is it more of a flat color? Can you see your reflection in them?

Thanks
Jeff
The grill is closer to black pearl already than chrome. So the black pearl emblems match better. The black pearl ones are still shiny, but not as shiny as the OEM ones.

Attached Thumbnails Black Chrome/Pearl Badges-blackpearl_small.jpg   Black Chrome/Pearl Badges-blackpearl_small.jpg  
Old 05-31-2005, 03:35 AM
Premier Member
Hey guys just a quick question while you're on this topic... My boyfriend took off his badges on his Lexus and there were no holes, if i take mine off of the G will there be holes where they were before ? Thanks

Old 05-31-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by g35vixen
Hey guys just a quick question while you're on this topic... My boyfriend took off his badges on his Lexus and there were no holes, if i take mine off of the G will there be holes where they were before ? Thanks

no, they are only on with adhesive

Old 05-31-2005, 04:02 PM
A little off topic but does anyone know where I can get my rims black cromed?

Old 05-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Premier Member

Check out shops that do powercoating. I like the front emblem but I'm not a fan of the back emblems being black chrome. Maybe it would look good to just do the Infiniti in black chrome and leave the G35 and the Mt. Fuji symol silver.

Old 06-13-2005, 07:11 PM
How much would it run to get the Rims a metallic black along with the grill and emblems matching? Just looking for a price range just in case anyones done this.

Old 06-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi:

Has anyone out there heard of someone making a replacement for the front grill emblem that would simply complete the grill without the Infiniti logo?

Old 06-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dennis_said
perhaps a GROUP buy can be started!
If someone gets one started and the price is right, count me in!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black Chrome/Pearl Badges