Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cracking headlights...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cracking headlights...

my friend and I bought new bulbs for our fog lights a while back. A few days ago when we were looking at our headlights we saw that the bottom portion of the top light was cracking and looked like it was being melted/burned. He installed piaa h4s in his fogs and i used silverstars, but both our lights are cracking. The part cracking is just above the fog light chamber, it seems to be burning all the way up through the top of the fog chamber and into the main light chamber. Im not exactly sure why the light is cracking, but it definately looks like its burning because of the brown/black melting marks. Has anyone else on the forums had this happen? Does anyone know exactly what is happening, or where we can get new lights, because i doubt our warranty will cover it

Old 05-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do a search, it's a known issue. you could put the stock bulbs back in it and get the headlights replaced by the dealership...........but they will just crack again.

Old 05-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the response, sorry if this was a repost