Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Laser Absorbing License Plate?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 03:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laser Absorbing License Plate?

Have any of you guys heard of this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1940731725
Laser absorbing license paltes? Do these really work?!?!?!?

It says:

LATEST PATENT IN STEALTH TECHNOLOGY
Car & Driver Magazine said "Cloaks your passenger vehicle from police laser-Reduces the detection range of laser up to 86%
Independently tested by Car & Driver-Patented"
Read How It Works!!!
For years, radar detectors have been giving you ample warning of speed traps and Law Enforcement officials are aware of this. Now, the police introduce Laser gun speed detection which is deadly accurate and almost impossible for a detector to warn you of before you are caught.
We found that a laser beam doesn t reflect much at all; the result is that the normal laser detector found sold in the mass market today doesn t sound its warning buzz until its too late. You are already clocked by a the police and they will shortly be at your window to demonstrate the art of ticket writing.

About police laser....Police Laser guns (called LIDAR) work on the basis of shooting an invisible, straight-line beam of energy that hits your vehicle and then bounces back to the gun. The gun then calculates your speed and displays it. The License plate is the key to the reflective characteristics of your car. No matter where the gun is shot, the license plate returns the most intense laser signal back the police LADAR gun.

How does the T3 Alpha work?...

With the T 3 Alpha Laser License Plate Cover installed, the laser is simply absorbed into the T3 Alpha preventing it from returning to the gun. The T 3 Alpha is effective in absorbing up to 86% of the effective range of laser. Unable to clock your speed, the police officer moves to the next target.

Specifications:

Material: Classified Derivative Composite Used In Jet Fighter Pilots Face Shields

Laser Absorption Range: 850 to 1150 Nanometers

Police Laser Frequency: 904 Nanometers

Optical Density: 5.00098

<font color=green> . . : : pestilence : : . .
2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan .... sports/sunroof </font color=green>

Old 11-26-2002, 12:39 PM
Re: Laser Absorbing License Plate?

Those actually work great. Only problem is, 1) it only works against laser (I think less than 10% of cops use laser across the nation) and 2) With all the metallic paint in a car now, the license plate isn't always the best target and the rest of the car reflects just as well. Besides, how good of an aim does a cop have to be to spot my speeding car (before I spot him), aim, and hit my license plate square on? I've seen what they're like shooting their pistols, let alone a radar gun! Personally, I'd save the money and get a good detector

J

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Old 11-26-2002, 02:02 PM
Re: Laser Absorbing License Plate?

Thanks for the advice guys. I have a radar detector (10 band) but I dont really konw where to mount it. I dont want to make the G look 'cheap' the cool thing is that the radar detector is silver.. which matches my interior

<font color=green> . . : : pestilence : : . .
2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan .... sports/sunroof </font color=green>