Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Coupe clip on the sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 05:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe clip on the sedan

has anyone bolted or grafted on a coupe clip to the sedan yet, im in school for this kind of stuff and if no one has done it yet id be kind of interested in doing it. And how about a photochop on a silver one if anyone is bored.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by B&RCustoms
has anyone bolted or grafted on a coupe clip to the sedan yet, im in school for this kind of stuff and if no one has done it yet id be kind of interested in doing it. And how about a photochop on a silver one if anyone is bored.
What is a "clip"?

Old 09-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by B&RCustoms
chin lip =clip?

Old 09-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Clip is slang for the front bumper, grill, headlights, front fenders. He wants to bolt on the front of a coupe onto his sedan.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Clip is slang for the front bumper, grill, headlights, front fenders. He wants to bolt on the front of a coupe onto his sedan.
Thanks....
Sounds like an ambitious project

Old 09-22-2005, 06:29 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
He wants to bolt on the front of a coupe onto his sedan.
Why?

Old 09-22-2005, 07:06 PM
People usually get clips b/c they want/need a new engine, which usually comes from japan i think.
It does take some work.. but if all the parts are basically the same so they mate up it isn't much of a problem to deal with.
In this case, I would think it would look funny and be, well useless to do.

Old 09-23-2005, 04:02 AM
[QUOTE=pop099]People usually get clips b/c they want/need a new engine, which usually comes from japan i think.
It does take some work.. but if all the parts are basically the same so they mate up it isn't much of a problem to deal with.
In this case, I would think it would look funny and be, well useless to do.[/QUOTE
why would you be getting a new engine if you were to change the clip?!? All it is is the hood, fenders and bumper ... i guess im kind of into the hot rod scene where you see all kinds of cars with changed clips to something else....you know to make something unique and original.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Modded Member
[QUOTE=B&RCustoms]
Originally Posted by pop099
People usually get clips b/c they want/need a new engine, which usually comes from japan i think.
In this case, I would think it would look funny and be, well useless to do.[/QUOTE
why would you be getting a new engine if you were to change the clip?!? All it is is the hood, fenders and bumper ... i guess im kind of into the hot rod scene where you see all kinds of cars with changed clips to something else....you know to make something unique and original.
The coupe "clip" looks almost the same as the 2005 sedans. That would probably be an easier project for you to tackle.

Old 09-23-2005, 03:01 PM
To be completely clear, these are what front clips are:

http://www.nadauto.com/hp.htm

They usually come from japan, and are the engine portion of the car (if it's an mr2 for example, you get the rear end, so rear clip).

I've never heard of a "clip" being just the hood, fenders and bumper however.
And B&RCustoms, I'm guessing by hot rod scene you are refering to muscle cars? If so, have you had one? I love old muscle, it's so great to have gobs of tourqe on hand and that wonderful sound going.