Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

KurumaZ Carbon Fiber Rear Defuser (Pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks nice. you need to add some splash guards =) Also, be careful with the tips because they kind of rub against the diffuser..

Old 03-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Your car looked awesome at the show, you deserved that win. congrats

Old 03-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for all the props guys!

Originally Posted by CarFanatic56
looks nice...how do you install it?...3M and drill?
Yes, just have to drill the two outside holes in the bumper, the inner two are pre-drilled. Make sure to take out the push-pins before you put the defuser in tho... LOL it's not easy gettn those push-pins out after you put the 3m tape on

looks nice. you need to add some splash guards =) Also, be careful with the tips because they kind of rub against the diffuser..
Thanks! I was tghinking about the rear splash guards actually.... I am not sure tho, I have asked some peps and they say to leave it the way it is to show the 10.5 rears more... There is actually no rubbing issues at all with this defuser, you can adjust the HKS tips in and out and also angle them down a bit to avoid any rubbing

Your car looked awesome at the show, you deserved that win. congrats
Thanks man!
LOL my back and traps were frickn sore on Sunday and Monday from all the wax I laid down on her Saturday

Next up has gotta be that BBK

Old 03-25-2006, 11:47 PM
u can angle them? hmm.... i should look into that cuz my tips hit the diffuser everytime i take em off..

Old 03-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
u can angle them? hmm.... i should look into that cuz my tips hit the diffuser everytime i take em off..
Yeah, you can actually angle them a bit... When tightening the bolts down with the exhaust tips at the furthest out position I put doward pressure with the heel of my hand inside the tip to slightly angle them... When I tightend them up nice and tight they had very nice clearance.

I was worried about the heat getting to the defuser, thats what made me give it a try.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice setup.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:56 AM
Art wow that rear of the G35 really came together. I like that exhaust, reminds me when we told injen to do a straight tip ages ago... Almost looks as good as the girls posing with the G I said ALMOST!! heh

We have come along a long way on the CF I should show you the first piece to your piece there is a huge improvement...

Did you end up using the outside holes? I really think only the license plate holes and the 2 push clips should be enough. The 2 holes on the outermost part is to secure it down even more but that involves 2 tiny small holes in the bumper

Once again great job man!

-Yuichi

Old 03-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Bears a striking resemblence to my car from the back, +1 to TB. Those HKS tips look so much better than Borla, makes me think about changing it up in the near future.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:33 AM
Hi Yuichi!

Thanks man!!... I had the easy part YOU did a GREAT JOB with the fabrication of this peice, putting it on was cake because of the quality!

And yes, I did drill out the two outer holes with a 1/4" drill bit. I used your 3m tape (which you gave me exactly enough) to secure it in place then I drilled thru the defuser and thru the bumper. I used stock push-pins to secure it to the bumper in all 4 holes. Fitment was GREAT!

I did have to replace the screws to attach the plate since the stock screws ended up being a tad bit to short, which was no big deal at all.

Yuichi, thanks for the extremely fast shipping and the great product!!

What else can I buy from you?!?!...

I'll tell ya what I am looking for, a chromed BBK like the Greddy Grex used to come in.
I heard they no longer make them tho

I don't think red, black, blue etc colors would look that great behind the gold volks... I think Chrome tho would be hot!

Hey, Yuichi... thanks again man!!!!!!!!