Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Lighted side mirrors possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lighted side mirrors possible?

Does anyone here know it if is possible to have the same type of sideview mirrors with the turn signal in them (like the Mercedes) for a G?

Old 04-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes, since I have them on mine. They are only available for the sedan though. I have yet to see a set for the coupe. I got mine from www.japanparts.com they are expensive. Also they have like 3 different versions for the sedan.

Attached Thumbnails Lighted side mirrors possible?-sideoff.jpg   Lighted side mirrors possible?-sideon.jpg  
Old 04-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Eh, the turn signal is not noticeable from where it is. People won't be able to see it, unlike the MB's where it's on the edge of the side mirrors and visible for other motorists to see. I like the idea but the location of the actual turn signal is poorly located in my opinion.

Old 04-30-2006, 09:15 PM
oncoming traffic can see it just fine. That's why I get a lot of double take looks by sedan owners.

Attached Thumbnails Lighted side mirrors possible?-pict0067.jpg  
Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 PM
very nice....too bad they don't make them for the coupe!

Old 04-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35sedan03
oncoming traffic can see it just fine. That's why I get a lot of double take looks by sedan owners.
+1

Old 04-30-2006, 11:46 PM
THE BATMOBILE
i cant see those on the G

Old 05-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Oncoming traffic, true. But cars on your blind side or directly to your side on the highway ?? I doubt they'll see it if you were, say, to hop on the middle lane while you were on the right and another on the left. Again, I like the idea but the location is bad.

Old 05-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by MISTIKMACK
Oncoming traffic, true. But cars on your blind side or directly to your side on the highway ?? I doubt they'll see it if you were, say, to hop on the middle lane while you were on the right and another on the left. Again, I like the idea but the location is bad.
Turn signals in our mirrors look cheap imo. They look to "aftermarket", and not clean enough. Thats also why I did the bumper light/blinker mod. It actually helps ALOT!!!!! People in my blind spot can see it very clearly and know I want to get in front of them

Old 05-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Then don't buy them. That's why regardless whether you have the blinkers or not, you always look to your blind spot before going there, that's basic driving rules.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
Turn signals in our mirrors look cheap imo. They look to "aftermarket", and not clean enough. Thats also why I did the bumper light/blinker mod. It actually helps ALOT!!!!! People in my blind spot can see it very clearly and know I want to get in front of them
I remember when i first found out about that side blinker mod, I already had the covers installed on the car. Thought about doing it, but figured that would be overkill on blinking lights so i decided to leave it as such. I don't see why you say they look "too aftermarket". Isn't that why we mod our cars? To stand out. I appreciate the criticism, don't get me wrong, but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Then don't buy them. That's why regardless whether you have the blinkers or not, you always look to your blind spot before going there, that's basic driving rules.
I wasn't planning to . And I ALWAYS look at my blind spots but the point is to warn other motorists thats all.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Registered

that looks so good..

I jus ordered mine about 2 weeks back..and awaiting their arival..

I think dey make the car worth that much more..which is wierd why the m's and g's dun have it..wierd..

Old 05-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by dyenboy
that looks so good..

I jus ordered mine about 2 weeks back..and awaiting their arival..

I think dey make the car worth that much more..which is wierd why the m's and g's dun have it..wierd..
They should be arriving any time now. It took about 2 weeks until i got mine from japan parts. That was the only kind available back then, now they have about 3 different ones. They also have the power folding mirrors, for AT sdans. When you put it in park, they fold in. Doesn't really make sense here, over there the streets are so narrow in some places. Pricey too! Enjoy them.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:24 PM
I wasn't planning to . And I ALWAYS look at my blind spots but the point is to warn other motorists thats all.
It's all good man, modding is very subjective. What you think is the best looking mod ever, someone else may tell you it sucks. That's just how it is. Take care.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lighted side mirrors possible?