Notices

Changing interior pieces?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:42 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Changing interior pieces?

How hard would it be to swap out the wood grain trim (shifter, door pulls) for the aluminum? I assume it's just a snap on, snap off ordeal? What about switching out an 03-04 shifter for an 05-06 style with the leather boot? Do-able?

Old 05-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. I'm actually surprised no one has flamed you yet for not searching.

You can switch out the fake wood door pulls for the fake aluminum door pulls very easily. I did it in my 03 sedan. You can get the caps from Riverside Infiniti....I think I paid about $85 for all 4 caps, or maybe check the marketplace for them. The caps have a little groove on the end that you pop off with a flathead screwdriver, then snap the new ones on. Takes a few minutes to do.

As for the shift ****, yes you can switch out the 03-04 fake wood shifter for the newer 05-06 aluminum shifter, but you need to replace a little $15 adapter underneath the shift **** to make it work. FYI, those 05-06 shift ***** will cost you an arm and a leg. I tried to find one used, but after several months I ended up buying one from Riverside to the tune of $150.

You also asked about changing out the 03-04 shift plate to the leather boot type from the 05-06. Thats a no go. They are completely different shapes and completely different consoles. But alas, I have the solution you are looking for, since I already did this mod. I used the shift panel from the 06-08 FX, which is the same size and shape as the one in the 03-04 G. Requires a little bit of modification to make it work, but the final product is awesome. Here is the write-up on it -----> https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/188322-2003-sedan-center-console-upgrade-fx-shift-panel-shift-knob-titanium-paint.html

Attached Thumbnails Changing interior pieces?-img_0016-1-.1.jpg  
Old 05-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is your interior willow beige or black ?

Old 05-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by GixxerSteve

You can switch out the fake wood door pulls for the fake aluminum door pulls very easily. I did it in my 03 sedan. You can get the caps from Riverside Infiniti....I think I paid about $85 for all 4 caps, or maybe check the marketplace for them. The caps have a little groove on the end that you pop off with a flathead screwdriver, then snap the new ones on. Takes a few minutes to do.

As for the shift ****, yes you can switch out the 03-04 fake wood shifter for the newer 05-06 aluminum shifter, but you need to replace a little $15 adapter underneath the shift **** to make it work. FYI, those 05-06 shift ***** will cost you an arm and a leg. I tried to find one used, but after several months I ended up buying one from Riverside to the tune of $150.

You also asked about changing out the 03-04 shift plate to the leather boot type from the 05-06. Thats a no go. They are completely different shapes and completely different consoles. But alas, I have the solution you are looking for, since I already did this mod. I used the shift panel from the 06-08 FX, which is the same size and shape as the one in the 03-04 G. Requires a little bit of modification to make it work, but the final product is awesome. Here is the write-up on it -----> https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188322

Not going to get a better reply than that!

Old 05-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GixxerSteve

You also asked about changing out the 03-04 shift plate to the leather boot type from the 05-06. Thats a no go. They are completely different shapes and completely different consoles. But alas, I have the solution you are looking for, since I already did this mod. I used the shift panel from the 06-08 FX, which is the same size and shape as the one in the 03-04 G. Requires a little bit of modification to make it work, but the final product is awesome. Here is the write-up on it -----> https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188322
Normally, I'd say you were right, but I actually did search this time lol. Just couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Much appreciated for both answers though, Steve!